Options

Export and Print

FarmerFarmer Member Posts: 1

Hi When I export reports they do not open. How can I print my records?

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Farmer!

I'd love to help, but I'm going to need a bit more information.

Which reports are you trying to open and print? Are you having issues with the Reports page, or with Data Export?

Can you also tell us what happens when you try to open the files you've downloaded?

• Options
    WayneWayne Member Posts: 5

If I use Edge the CSV does nothing. I even downloaded the Microsoft office online extensions
    If I use Chrome as my browser the CSV report is opened by Excel 2007 which I have installed

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi @Wayne Wave works at its highest capabilities on Chrome or Mozilla and for this reason, moving forward I would recommend using one of these two browsers. In terms of the issue that you are experiencing, are you able to explain if you are completing an export via the Settings tab, or a report through a Reports tab? This will help me to further investigate the issue

• Options

If you go to reports and select any report. When you go to export and select csv there is a pop up at the bottom asking what you want to do. If you select open it goes away and does nothing. I checked my windows defaults and the csv extension is selected for Excel 2007 which I have installed on the computer.
    I also downloaded the office (from the windows store) extensions on the browser to see if that would help
    If I check download and then go to my download folder it just give a number file without the csv extension so can't open it. Chrome works fine with everything

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hi @Wayne. I'm wondering if it would help if you cleared your cached data/cookies to see if that will allow you to open the download from the browser directly. If you still notice that you are unable to do this once you have completed clearing the cached data.. please let us know so we can further investigate what might be going on here.

• Options

Cleared all data but passwords and permissions and still the same

• Options

I have the old Excel 2007 installed which Microsoft says is retired but works well with chrome. Is it becasue I don't have the latest office

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Wayne That could be part of the problem, but it truly should not be an issue here -- could you please send me a direct message with your business name and email address? I would be happy to take a further look into this for you.