server error

gustavgustav Member Posts: 6

Some of my recurring invoices did not send with my normal monthly run due to an error "Generation Error: The invoice scheduled for May 15th 2018 was not created. This is likely due to a server availability error."

I made no address or email changes to my account or to themultiple clients that failed - AND there is no way to send these again, because the system have no option for it!! How do I resend these!!

Comments

• TafmakTafmak Member Posts: 7

Also having this same error with no way to resend invoice.

edited March 8, 2019
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@gustav @Tafmak By chance on these particular invoices that failed to send out -- did you make edits to a product & service that was associated with these recurring invoices? If so, that would cause the invoice itself to fail in terms of it being sent out. If you made no changes to the products themselves, please let me know so I can take a further look on my end with what could be happening here.

• gustavgustav Member Posts: 6

I made NO changes, and I checked there a re NO missing items on the invoices. PLEASE send them out ASAP as the clients need their proof of payment.

Hey @gustav. Thanks again for confirming this information here -- I've gone ahead and did some adjusting on my backend, refreshed the recurring invoices and they should have been sent out properly... can you confirm that they have now? And if they have still failed, please let us know so we can take a further look into this.

• gustavgustav Member Posts: 6

Hi, It seems they send correctly now. Thank you. Are we sure this will not happen at the end of the maonth again?

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@gustav thanks for confirming! I can't guarantee it won't ever happen again, purely because it's primarily related to request volumes for that server on a given day (so for example, the first of the month is always a heavy day, volume-wise). That said, generation errors are very edge-case in the grand scheme of things, and can also be caused by user-end changes (like removing items from an invoice before it's scheduled to generate), so you should feel confident going forward that this type of issue is highly unlikely to repeat itself. If it ever does, don't hesitate to reach out so we can manually reissue them.

• geo21geo21 Member Posts: 2

Hi I am having the same issues I am away at the minute on leave and none of my invoices have gone out. Can you help please

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @geo21, are you still experiencing the issue? We did have a weird blip this morning that may have caused this that has since resolved, but if not we can dig in further.

• geo21geo21 Member Posts: 2

@Samd said:
    Hey @geo21, are you still experiencing the issue? We did have a weird blip this morning that may have caused this that has since resolved, but if not we can dig in further.

Yes we had to manually create the invoices which defeats the purpose of using recurring invoicing. Can you check out account that they will send again next month?

Hey @geo21, from what I'm seeing on our end it looks like those invoices failed generation due to either a tax or income account being changed or deleted, which had been associated with these invoices. To get that remedied, head over to Recurring Invoices and just verify that they are set to come into the correct income account, and the appropriate taxes are assigned (you can verify these against Chart of Accounts/ Settings > Sales Taxes and Products and Services). You can edit any of the invoices so that they have the correct info going forward and you should be good to go.

• TafmakTafmak Member Posts: 7

@Samd why don't you have an option to "Resend"/"Regenerate" failed invoices. It's a bit redundant that the only option you have is to notify support or dismiss warning, both of these options do not resolve the issue.

edited March 27, 2019

@Tafmak The reason being is that this doesn't happen very often -- only usually when a product/service is edited on the recurring invoice does it fail to generate (which is why that's the first question we ask our users if the invoice has failed). I appreciate the feedback here though, and it could definitely be useful to have the option to regenerate an invoice if it fails on the users end rather than contacting support. I will pass your feedback along to our development team.

• tsmithtsmith Member Posts: 22
    I am having the same issue. Half my invoices are giving me this error. I would have expected a “retry” option. Can you see why mine did not generate?

Hey @tsmith, I think in your particular case this may have been related to the incident we had (ironically) on April 1st. In our systems from what I can tell the invoices were successful, they just didn't send. If you head over to Sales > Invoices, each recurring invoice should have create an invoice for April 1st, and you should be able to select Send/Resend for those you saw the error for. Let me know if they aren't appearing at all though.