Recurring invoices: What does this status mean?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageRecurring invoices: What does this status mean?

On the Recurring Invoice list page, you can use the status column as a quick visual reference for what's going on with your Recurring Invoices. You'll also find that if there are any invoices requi...

Read the full story here

edited March 8, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• TafmakTafmak Member Posts: 7

How do I resend a recurring invoice that has had an error. At present I have no option to resend it

• AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@Tafmak I can't seem to find your failed invoice in our system under any of your businesses. Can you clarify which business this invoice went out from so we look into this further?

• a_moment_coacha_moment_coach Member Posts: 1

How can you tell if a recurring invoice has been paid?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @a_moment_coach! Thanks for reaching out! If you want to view invoices that have been generated from a specific recurring invoice schedule you can do so by navigating to: Sales -> Recurring Invoices -> click the drop down arrow to 'View' -> at the top of the page click 'More Actions -> select 'View created invoices'. Here you should be able to see all the invoices that have been created for this schedule and if they have been paid.

• LittleDoveLittleDove Member Posts: 4

We add "Paid via PayPal subscription." or "Paid via Stripe subscription." to the invoice item description, so everyone knows the invoice is not meant to be paid. We don't send these, but this protects the client in case an invoice mistakenly goes out.

• brettobretto Member Posts: 1

invoices have been paid and keeps saying overdue how do I correct this please cheers

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @bretto

When you mark your invoice as paid do you see a transaction appear on your accounting > transactions page? If so are you changing the category of this invoice payment?

A lot of users feel the need to change that invoice payment transaction but when you do it disconnects from the invoice marking it as unpaid. You simply need to leave the invoice payment transaction once you've marked it as paid.

Hope this helps.

• etiennetetiennet Member Posts: 1

Hello,

If I ended my recurring invoice for some reason, Can I reactivate it again?
    Or should I create a new one?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @etiennet

Once a recurring invoice is ended unfortunately there is no way to reactivate it :disappointed:

You do have the ability to duplicate it and resending, however other than that we don't have a way of resurfacing the existing invoice.

Hope this answers your question.