Accounting made easy

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageAccounting made easy

Some people call it “accounting.” Some call it “bookkeeping.” Whatever you call it, we’ve created a way for you to get the job done – no technical knowledge or training required.
When you look at a...

Read the full story here

edited March 10, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• edmundsechoedmundsecho Member Posts: 3

I would like to know how to "ignore" transactions. For instance, sometime my business card has expenses that are not business related. I would like to exclude those transactions from the accounting for my business.

• AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@edmundsecho When you say you want to "ignore" transactions, are you still looking to keep a record of these transactions in Wave or are you comfortable deleting them from Wave all together? If you're okay with deleting them, you can do this easily by clicking on the checkbox beside each transaction you want to ignore and then clicking Delete.

The only caveat is that if you do delete transactions in Wave and then realize you need them back, you need to manually reenter them since we don't store old data.

• louis_kreusellouis_kreusel Member Posts: 4

No mention of the Receipts functions.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @louis_kreusel . Check out the following article for more information on our Receipts functions: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208622096-Overview-of-receipts

• pmehatchpmehatch Member Posts: 3

out of date

• Prickly_Pear_3Prickly_Pear_3 Member Posts: 2

thank you very much

edited February 21, 2020
  • Allison_SAllison_S Member Posts: 3

Is there a way to have a cost price AND a sell price for stock/inventory ?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Allison_S

Would you mind providing a little more context as to what exactly you're trying to achieve here? A use case scenario would help us get a better understanding of what you're trying to accomplish in Wave. Thanks!

• Allison_SAllison_S Member Posts: 3

@BarsinA
    I would have thought a very common scenario in business is the buying of products to sell. In all businesses that buy and resell products you have a product that costs you a lower price than you sell it for.....So;
    Selling Widget 'A" for $20 that I buy for $10
    I should receive the Widget in my purchasing (expense) and record the COST price of $10
    Then I make a sale at a later time which goes through my COGS and my sell price of $20 comes up on the invoice.

I can only see a way forward by having an external reference of selling prices that I refer to every time I raise an invoice.

Therefore my question is it possible to have in WAVE a cost of a product as well as a sell price. (without having to continually manually change the price at the invoicing stage).

I hope you get the clarity you needed on the question.

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@Allison_S thanks for those details! Our system isn't able to have 2 prices for one product at this time. If you are looking to do more tracking in your Wave account, this article from our Help Centre will walk you through the steps :smile:

• MEFinamoreMEFinamore Member Posts: 6

i just want to review 2019 and make sure it's all in there~ was led to this collection of articles, which are no help at all. :(

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @MEFinamore

I apologize if you may feel a bit lost in Wave. A few questions I might have first are:

1. Have you imported all of your 2019 transactions and categorized them accordingly?
    2. Have you looked in your Reports section and filtered the year. by 2019?
    3. Is there another action you're looking to make in Wave?

The more info you can provide the better. Our help center article shows you the fundamental steps to getting your books in order. Looking forward to hearing from you!

• AnthonyPEAnthonyPE Member Posts: 2

trying to find out how to go in and edit / change the account category from sales to job income once it has been completed and saved, i cant find it anywhere

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @AnthonyPE , I don't fully understand your question. Is this an account in your Chart of Accounts that you're looking to switch from one section to another? Feel free to include screenshots in your response!

• AnthonyPEAnthonyPE Member Posts: 2

It was under Income there was Job Income and Sales Income I just edited sales income and rewrote to say job Income. I was trying to change sales to job i could not find out how so i edited the name. thanks for getting back to me.