Options

Removing/deleting clients

RynoRyno Member Posts: 1
I saved a client’s details incorrectly, tried to edit it but the app will not save it so i opened a new client profile. How do I delete the incorrect customer profile? I cannot seem to find an option to do so.

Comments

• Options
    JNonJNon Member Posts: 3
    I also tried to delete customer, no option to delete
  • Options
    AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@Ryno @JNon This is likely because you have an invoice associated with the customer that you're trying to delete.

For proper bookkeeping services, I don't recommend deleting those invoices, but what you can do is Edit your invoice and change the customer associated with it. To do this,
    1) Navigate to the Invoices page
    2) Click on the invoice associated with the customer you're trying to delete
    3) Click "Edit invoice"
    4) Click "Choose a different customer"
    5) Click "Save and continue"

Once you have done this for all invoices associated with the customer you're trying to delete, you should be able to go to your Customers page and delete the customer using the trash can icon to the right of the customer's name.

• Options
    @amandak I did exactly what you said but I can’t find trash icon on the customer’s page
  • Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @JNon, you should see the trash can icon to the right of your customers name, in Sales > Customers on your account. I have attached an image of what that should look like, if you are seeing something different, would you be able to attach a screenshot of what that looks like in a response? Thanks :smile:

edited March 15, 2019
  • Options
    Thanks so much @Zoe_caff1 , deleted successfully, I was actually checking in on the mobile app not knowing its through webpage, again thanks I really appreciate
  • Options
    TFITFI Member Posts: 5
    so can this be accomplished in the mobile app as well????
  • Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

@JNon Delighted to hear you got things sorted! :smile:

Hey @TFI, I definitely recommend keeping this task to your main account on your desktop! Our Apps are only built for invoicing and receipts :smile:

• Options
    TFITFI Member Posts: 5
    Ok thanks
  • Options
    AkshayAkshay Member Posts: 4

How to delete or Remove the wrong accounting head in chats off account for editor

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Akshay . To delete an account in your Chart of accounts:
    1. Ensure that the account has not transactions associated to it. If it does, you'll only be able to archive the account (preventing further usage of it, but it will still surface in your Chart of Accounts).
    2. Select the pencil icon next to the account, and tick the box that says "Archive account."

• Options
    AkshayAkshay Member Posts: 4

Thank you sir

• Options
    CatchenreCatchenre Member Posts: 1
    :/ This should really be a feature of the mobile app. It is very annoying having to get on the desktop version to do such a simple thing...