Options

Invoices sent through Wave being marked as spam by Gmail

HandymanHeadleeHandymanHeadlee Member Posts: 45

Is anyone else having problems with Gmail tagging Wave invoices/receipts as spam? In the past week or so this seems to be happening a lot. I know Wave can't control Gmail's spam filters, but wondering if there's anything you can do on your end to make these emails play nicer with Gmail? I'd rather send through Wave than use the Send through Gmail option, plus that's not even an option for receipts, but I'll try that if necessary. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    puzzledesignandcraftpuzzledesignandcraft Member Posts: 1

Hello, we have also had trouble with Invoice emails going to spam...for probably the past month or so. I am trying to change the Subject of the email to not include the word "Invoice" as I know that is a trigger, but I am all ears if anyone else knows anything to help.

Thanks,
    Jared

• Options
    BlueDogDigitalBlueDogDigital Member Posts: 1

We are having the same issue but it just started this week.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, have you been able to dig into your respective spam filters and play around? Most people get around this by whitelisting mailer@waveapps.com, if that helps!

• Options
    lukenjohnsonlukenjohnson Member Posts: 2

This is happening for me, too. A lot of invoices become late, and Wave's view history shows that the invoice has not been seen. Is there a way to improve waveapps.com's reputation with email clients? I've been having to send reminders manually through a different system.

It would be really great if Wave could link directly to Google so that emails could be sent from my account instead of from the 'mailer' address. As it is, it defeats the purpose of recurring invoices if I have to send manual emails to ensure people see them.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @lukenjohnson , I'll take your feedback to the team, but in the meantime you can get your customers to add mailer@waveapps.com to their contacts to avoid this from happening.

• Options
    lukenjohnsonlukenjohnson Member Posts: 2

That's not going to work for me. I don't want to bother every client to put my specific invoice email address on their whitelist. That seems like a poor user experience. I marked all my invoices as manual send, and I'll just send Wave links through another system until Wave has a better way to send email.

• Options
    pblakezpblakez Member Posts: 1

I am also getting emails flagged "This message seems dangerous"
    not really feasible to get clients to whitelist

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @pblakez! Thanks for reaching out here and flagging this. This is something we would like to improve on and stop happening but as it stands we currently do not have a lot of control over this. We understand that having users add the Waveapps domain is not feasible in a lot of situations so it may be best to use other methods such as the 'Share link', exporting the invoice as a PDF or sending with your email provider that will allow you to get invoices to your customers safely.

• Options
    JeremyRyanJeremyRyan Member Posts: 1

How about allowing us to set DNS and DKIM settings so that we alias the sender and it comes from us?

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @JeremyRyan !

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. For full transparency, currently we have no plans on implementing this functionality on our current product roadmap. However, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we may revisit this suggestion down the line.

edited November 12, 2020
  • Options
    Sebastian__Sebastian__ Member Posts: 1

Dear Wave Team (@JualianP), It's November 2021 and this rather standard method of securing email delivery is still a problem. Not only did you mention you're not implementing this, you also provide NO alternative for US to implement email delivery through another service, like Amazon SES, Sendgrid etc. I would like to argue that in todays work this delivery of critical business information would be vital to a business. Instructing client s to do something they have no real interest in doing so is not really a solution. I would hope you reconsider this (and some other items) in the near future.