Options

Transferring multiple loan transactions to the loan account

Ian_BIan_B Member Posts: 16

Hi, Newbie here,

I've found out how to assign multiple transactions to expense accounts etc but I need to create a transfer of multiple transactions to a loan account. Ive found how to do this manually one by one. Is there a way to do multiple transactions in one operation.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Ian_BIan_B Member Posts: 16

Im guessing this functionality doesn't exist. Ive just uploaded all my statements and its quite tedious going through and linking transactions manually between bank accounts. I imagine this is something people do quite regularly so could be a development opportunity. I would suggest you do it from the edit option on the transaction page similar to updating multiple categories for other transaction types (ie not linked). The user selects transactions to apply the link to and chooses the account that the link should be created to. The date for the transaction will nearly always be on the exact same date so make this a business rule to simplify the process. then automate the link creation for each selected transaction.

Thanks

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Ian_B . Welcome to the Community! You're correct, currently when creating transfers this can only be done one transaction at a time. This is some good feedback and it's great to hear your suggestions on how you think this functionality could work easily in Wave. I will gladly pass this feedback onto the team!

edited March 26, 2019