Options

Pyament for many bills

WtfWaveWtfWave Member Posts: 3

We make repeated purchases from a suppier every month and our terms are that we pay by the end of the following month.

How does one make a single payment for those bills

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @WtfWave. Just to get some clarification here -- does a bulk withdrawal happen from your bank account when you pay multiple bills at once? If so, what you can do is split the withdrawal transaction that happens via your bank connection and associate it with the multiple bills that need to be accounted for. If I'm way off in terms of what you're asking, please let me know!

• Options
    WtfWaveWtfWave Member Posts: 3

Thanks for this and yes, we write a single cheque for all of the bills from a single supplier in the previous month.

• Options
    LoggersWifeLoggersWife Member Posts: 3

I would just like to clarify. I get say 50 bills from a vendor each month. I enter individually those bills. At month end I pay vendor. Now I have to go through all 50 bill to mark paid, make a payment, then when I reconcile my account I have to merge those 50 payments to the 1 cheque? WHAT am I doing wrong?

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @LoggersWife !

When you are recording bill payments in Wave, there are two workflows you can use:

1. If you have a bank connection or import your transactions manually with a bank statement, you can categorize your bill payment transactions as Payment Sent for a Bill in Wave > the bill in question. This will mark your bills as paid and you won't have to mark you bills as paid manually via Purchases > Bills creating duplicate transactions. If you do have duplicates, you can merge them or delete the redundant data.
    2. If you don't have a bank connection or don't import your transactions with a bank statement, all you need to do is mark your bills as paid manually via Purchases > Bills.
    edited February 9, 2021