Using Job names instead of invoice number?

SchroedSchroed Member Posts: 2

Hi! I am a contractor. Is there a way to list invoices/estimates with a "job name"?
When I look at a list of invoices i cant tell which jobs they are as I use job names instead of invoice numbers. Just adding a customizeable column in the invoice/ estimate list would be awesome! Anyone have a way to do this?

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Schroed ! Technically, you could setup your invoices so that you use job names (in place of invoice numbers within that section) -- but it depends on how large the name is, it could get a little confusing. Perhaps in this case your best option would be using short forms that would help you identify which specific job it's for, etc. In terms of invoice customization, we're always looking for ways to improve our users experience so I appreciate the suggestion for an addition for a column!

• DixitexDixitex Member Posts: 5

Hi @Schroed. I am also a contractor and have the same problem. What I have been doing is saving all my invoices in pdf on my pc. When saving the file I rename the file with the customer name and invoice nr.