Putting bank details on the invoice

Bignamba90Bignamba90 Member Posts: 2

I am new to wave, I am trying to putting my bank account number on the invoice but it’s proving difficult. Anyone know how to go about this please?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bignamba90!

You could put it in as a standard memo attached to all your invoices. You'll have the option in the Invoice Customization menu. Here's how to do it.

• SPM_2206SPM_2206 Member Posts: 2

yeah I have done this.... but I have two seperate bank accounts - one in local currency and one in USD - as some clients only want to pay in USD

ur saying there is no way to change the bank details other than enter it urself in the memo details?

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @SPM_2206,

@Bignamba90 was asking about how to add their banking details to invoices so that their clients could use that information to pay invoices. The easiest way to do this is to add it to the Notes section of your invoice.

Could you give me more information on the issue you're facing? If you're looking for a way to get paid for your invoices directly through Wave, you won't be able to do so, as we don't currently support payment processing for businesses in your country.

• jjjijjjjjjijjj Member Posts: 1

had the same problem. It's not at all clear where the bank details should go, and "notes" isn't at all an intuitive place for them - seems a marginal place to put one of the most important piece of data.

I wouldn't have thought of putting it there until I googled and found this thread.

• rajeraje Member Posts: 2

I am in the same situation where I can't put my bank account number in the invoice to be used by my clients to use it to pay us. Please can someone help me

• EricTzEricTz Member Posts: 1

I found out that you can put the IBAN manualy on each invoice (not in the settings) (not on the estimates).

Another solution is to put special characters, I use my own asterisks (DE00[asterisk]0000[asterisk]...) even hough it is not aesthetical.

I hope they would rather fix this problem and not prevent the above solution, for the customer's satisfaction.

edited November 20, 2018
  • rajeraje Member Posts: 2

It did work for me, thank you Eric. I had been looking at moving to different account software after this issue but luckily you saved me

• waveisawesomewaveisawesome Member Posts: 13

Put em on memo, notes

• ikorikor Member Posts: 1

Same thing guys. Moved from oner tool to Wave because of this issue. But here I see situation is the same: no way to easily put bank credentials to invoice.

What I really want to do is select one of my bank accounts (previously set up) when creating a new invoice to let my customer know where to pay me. Right near my company business name and address. Clear and in the right place. And it is not an automatization if I need to copy-paste bank info each time I create new invoice if I have multiple bank accounts or currencies.
    Or what I suppose to do? Send an initial agreement to customer with a bank details and then remind him each time to use them? What if I don't have an agreement but simple use invoicing?
    Unclear to me.

So to make Wave preferred for people with same requirements of business as I have it's really important to include such feature to nearest releases. Just think about this guys.

And thanks Eric for a suggestion. I'll try it.

• 39173917 Member Posts: 2
    Re: including bank account information on each invoice for customers, how about this... instead of cutting and pasting bank details into a memo each time (which Would drive me CRAZY if I had to do it each time), make your details into a .jpg file and upload it as a logo! Appears front and centre on each invoice! To test it I took a screen shot on my phone and it works! You could also use Photoshop for a neater job I guess.
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Great idea here, @3917 . This is definitely another way that users can customize their invoices to add the necessary banking details. Thanks for this workaround!

• OzLockeOzLocke Member Posts: 1

How is it the that this isn't a thing?!

@3917, as someone who also pays invoices, I prefer to copy paste the bank details to ensure they're correct. No way to do that from a jpg.

A dedicated section for payment details should be a standard, as an invoice is useless without payment details. Or is this a way to make us sign up for card payments?

• 39173917 Member Posts: 2
    Agreed. I quickly realised it didn't quite look right on the invoice either. I've just sent out my first bunch of invoices- I typed the bank details in the notes section. Worked like a charm, software remembered those details for each one, didn't have to cut and paste.
  • DavidJBennettDavidJBennett Member Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I had the same question and by reading through the comments I managed to use a work around by including payment info in the Notes section.

However, it would be good for Wave to implement a feature to allow users to be able to select multiple accounts for submitting payment depending on the invoice and currency. For example I have a Monzo account to accept GBP but a Bendigo Bank account to accept AU currency and sometimes I need to switch between them depending on my client.

Where can we submit feature requests because it looks like this is affecting more people using this software than just myself.

Cheers

@DavidJBennett We do regularly monitor these threads and pass the word on when someone submits a feature request. I'll gladly inform the team of your request :)

• AmbiEscentsAmbiEscents Member Posts: 2

HI, new to wave, i am trying to add my bank account number onto my invoice, have tried under notes as well as footnote but half of the account number shows as astericks. is this just for me? or is this how it will show on the clients invoice too? if so, how do i enter my bank account number without it changing to astericks?

Hi @AmbiEscents . I relocated your post into this thread as it should help you answer any questions you have in regards to where to answer this info.

• itsme73itsme73 Member Posts: 1

Same here, I'm quite surprised that it's not possible to automatically add bank details to an invoice and switch between which account is displayed on the invoice. Must be a US thing, with a lot of checks still being sent around by mail?
    Anyway, I've solved it for now by putting all accounts in the footer and then manually deleting the ones that I don't want on a specific invoice - saves me at least from having to copy-paste from somewhere else all the time.