Options

Izettle transactions

CeeciCeeci Member Posts: 2

I am confused and need some advice. I take izettle payments from customers. I create an invoice for this so that I can send a receipt to the client. I mark the invoice as paid into a 'money in transit' account that I have called 'Izettle undeposited' as it has not yet appeared in my bank account.

A few days later, Izettle deposits the money into in my account. This transaction is downloaded from my bank into the system. (I have figured out the splitting of the amount received and the processing fee). However, I am now left with too much money in transit account. I have tried creating a transaction to sort this, but whatever I do my accounts will not balance.

Help!

Kind Regards,
Cecilie

edited March 29, 2019 in Accounting Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Ceeci, thanks for reaching out. I think your very close to getting things right in your process. Can I ask if you have tried creating a transfer from the money in transit account to your bank account? I have a Help Centre article that explains how to create a transfer, here This would show that money has been deposited. Let me know how that goes! :smile:

edited April 2, 2019
  • Options
    CeeciCeeci Member Posts: 2
    I figured it out. I had to change the transfer for the bank transaction from my 'izettle undeposited' account and this then created a transfer. It now works perfectly :smile:
  • Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Glad to hear that @Ceeci :)