Invoicing for a massage therapist on a split percentage (Ontario, Canada)

JunJun Member Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

This is my first post ever! :) Please let me know if I should be following a different format for posts or anything like that.

I work as a Registered Massage Therapist in Toronto, Canada and I'm trying to figure out if Wave can handle my invoicing needs.

One of the clinics I work at is pretty straightforward. I invoice them for a certain number of patients/appointments and I get paid biweekly for the full amount. The other clinic I work at is much more complicated. I work there two days a week. One day, I get paid 60% of the full amount that the patient pays. The other day I get paid 80% (I do reception as well as the treatments themselves that day). So I have to indicate that on the invoice. Also, the services get charged HST, but right now I'm not registered for HST so it doesn't get passed onto me. So the invoice should reflect that as well.

And then there's how I get paid!! This is where I'm also wondering if the Wave software will allow me to keep track of this. The clinic does direct billing so a typical scenario is where insurance covers 80% of a $100 appointment (incl HST) and the patient pays the other $20. If the insurance amount hasn't been paid to the clinic by the time the first of the month rolls around (when I'm paid), then I'm still owed that amount because the therapists get paid when the clinic gets paid. Whew. Help!

Am I able to track all this through Wave?? Please say yes lol

Thanks for any help or advice you can give!
Jun