Customer's ABN

StevenChenStevenChen Member Posts: 5

In Australia, We need put the customer's ABN in every inovice, there are nowhere to put this name in Customer's detials. can we add on this.

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @StevenChen - just wanted to confirm, these details would be included in the customer profile and then automatically added to the invoice? Or would those details only need to appear in the back end of things? There should be a tab within the customer profile which allows you to include an account number, but this currently is for internal reference.

• ClaireWryghtAccountsClaireWryghtAccounts Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

@Samd Yes the ABN should be shown on every invoice over $1000

https://www.ato.gov.au/business/gst/tax-invoices/

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@ClaireWryghtAccounts Thanks for providing that link! Currently within Wave, there is not a section within the customer information that would allow for this to be included. It likely hasn't been built in because Wave is used worldwide, and this seems like it could be regionally specific jurisdiction. In saying that, I'd love to hear from other Wavers and see if this sort of a request picks up some traction!

In the meantime, each invoice in Wave is created with a section for notes that can be customized on each invoice. For the time being, this would be the place where you can enter this information. While it will not be featured at the top of the invoice, the information will still be included. I've attached a screenshot so you can see the section that I am referring to.

• ClaireWryghtAccountsClaireWryghtAccounts Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    @JordanFromWave totally appreciate the ABN field is Australia specific but I think an additional custom field that is included on the invoice could have wider application. For example supplier reference number

As another work around the ABN could be added in brackets after the company name or in any of the unused customer fields like phone number, country, as the fields aren’t labelled on the invoice
  • SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the feedback @ClaireWryghtAccounts - I think those are all good calls. Given the number of users we have in Australia as well I'm sure there is a demand for this. @JordanFromWave already took this to our Product Team, but I can follow up with your suggestions too!

• virgilwasherevirgilwashere Member Posts: 10

preamble

🔖 Tagging specific items for collation in the footnotes. :star:1

Trying to keep myself in the correct mindset of describing what I want to solve, as opposed to offering specific technical input. :confounded:

previously...

@ClaireWryghtAccounts said:

@JordanFromWave totally appreciate the ABN field is Australia specific but I think an additional custom field that is included on the invoice could have wider application. For example supplier reference number

customer abn

Being able to display the fields that are there now would go a long way.
    :star:2:star:3

Account number in the More fold would be ideal to use for Australian Business Number (ABN) :star:4

As another work around the ABN could be added in brackets after the company name or in any of the unused customer fields like phone number, country, as the fields aren’t labelled on the invoice

• this is what I have done to display my customer's ABN. :star:4
    • country and state are dropdown fields and do not accept text overwrite.

bill to / ship to

But only the fields on the Customer Contact fold, Billing address, and most of Shipping address are displayed on the invoice. :star:2:star:3

• I do not have visible Delivery Instructions on my invoices. :star:5

Back with me after the screenshots?

bill to / ship to cont

• Instructions to get my invoice to the finance department. :star:6
    • And all my customers' primary contacts currently have the same first name. (Attn).
    • If I get the invoice to my primary contact, that normally gets it to the finance people.

business contact data

It's not in the included screenshots, but my business contact information includes a website data field containing http://virgil@awesomeness.biz :star:7:star:8:star:9

the end

😊Stopping now. Kept this post mostly on topic, which I'm now saying is "Presenting an invoice to the customer that has the correct details on it, to ensure it is received by the people able to authorise it's payment." Like ensuring it's a valid legal document, and contains my customer's ABN. 😓

feature request summary

1. ⏬Here are the collated footnotes/feature requests. Please triage and add to your next available development cycle. ↩︎

2. Able to display all Customer fields on Invoice ↩︎ ↩︎

3. All fields classed as non-mandatory by Wave, have a Display on Invoice ✅ checkmark following the input box. A simple toggle to display field content on the invoice. Would allow the saving of that information, and not make me choose to not enter data so it doesn't get displayed. ↩︎ ↩︎

4. As you can see from the screenshots, I'm including my customer ABN information as a suffix to the customer name. I dislike polluting data fields but require the workaround. Tried to use the Primary Contact First Name but that places after the address, and it doesn't look right. ↩︎ ↩︎

5. I would appreciate being able to display my customers delivery instructions on my invoice. ↩︎

6. Similar to why Delivery Instructions is a useful field for Shipping, routing instructions, such as Attention: Accounts Payable or Attn: Finance is nice to have. I could put that in Billing Address line 2, but that's not actually part of the location. ↩︎

7. RANT STARTING Why are you impacting the 🔏security of my website? I do not want to advertise a http://address.com. It will be https://address.com or nothing! :rage: SSL certificates are easily obtained for free. Please do not perpetuate non-secure protocol advertisement. RANT OVER. ↩︎

8. remove the prefilled http:// from the field. ↩︎

9. add a personal contact email field. and display it on the invoice. with a conditional toggle. ↩︎

• GreggAGreggA Member Posts: 2

Hi there,
    Adding my voice to this request. In South Africa, we need to show VAT registration numbers for customers and my company on every invoice.
    I've done a work around by using the Contact field for Customers; but then i can't send anything from Wave, as the email would state the VAT number as the person's name.

@Wave, please add a custom field that allows us as users to place it anywhere on the invoice.

Adding it to the company name is a good suggestion, but makes it too long and clumsy.
    I'll try the Phone Number option...

Thanks
    Gregg

• rodculrodcul Member Posts: 1

+1 this for ALL European customers - running an OÜ via the Estonian E-residency program and we need to put both ours AND our customer/supplier VAT number on there.

Bonus points if you can check/validate the customer is registered with VIES and add the specific tax rate: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/