Options

How to delete a duplicated account

LouisevhLouisevh Member Posts: 1

Hi, I have somehow duplicated one of my bank accounts - how I don't know!
On my banking connections the info is correct, but in my chart of accounts the account is duplicated, as well as the opening balance and some transactions...
How do I delete this please??

Comments

• Options
    CbernalCbernal Member Posts: 1

I have the same problem!

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Louisevh, @Cbernal, thanks for reaching out! Accounts in your Chart of Accounts cannot currently be deleted, this is something that we are planning on updating soon! But they can be archived. You will need to go to Accounting > Chart of Accounts and archive the duplicate account, any duplicate transactions can be deleted from your transactions page and you will also need to ensure that there is only one connection for this account on your Bank Connections page. :smile:

• Options
    tbalmertbalmer Member Posts: 5

@ZoeC - has any progress been made on the plan to update this functionality? I have an account that is in the wrong section of the financial statement and it won't allow me to delete it and rebuild it where it should go. Hopefully the delete function is something that will be completed in the near future. Thanks for your help.

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@tbalmer one thing that would be stopping the account from being removed from your Chart of Accounts would be if there are transactions in the duplicate account. To me, it sounds like you had simply created one in error and if that is the case, I would recommend filtering your transactions page to each account and trying to consolidate all transactions into one of the accounts. You can bulk edit any of the transactions and change the account to move them. Then when you go to the chart of accounts and archive the account, it will remove it from your Chart of Accounts.

• Options
    ilssim78ilssim78 Member Posts: 1

Every time my PayPal gets disconnected somehow, or any other bank account, when I reconnect it, a new account is created - a duplicate. So now I have like 5 PayPal accounts, each with different balances. I'm afraid to archive the older ones because I don't know what that's going to do to the transactions on those accounts even though it's the same account. Why does the system create a duplicate account every time you have to reconnect your bank account?

• Options
    NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@ilssim78 Our Paypal integration isn't perfect and the duplicate accounts is an unfortunate side effect when you disconnect and reconnect the connection, likely as the reconnection makes it look like a "new connection". However, no need to be afraid with archiving older accounts! All transactions will still exist in the archived account - the only change will be that you can no longer categorize transactions to the archived account.

• Options
    HolCarHolCar Member Posts: 20

@NicoletteB said:
    @ilssim78 Our Paypal integration isn't perfect and the duplicate accounts is an unfortunate side effect when you disconnect and reconnect the connection, likely as the reconnection makes it look like a "new connection". However, no need to be afraid with archiving older accounts! All transactions will still exist in the archived account - the only change will be that you can no longer categorize transactions to the archived account.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just allow for the reconnected account to feed into one of the existing accounts (instead of creating a brand new one)?

And for clarity, this happens also with banks.

edited June 7, 2020
  • Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @HolCar , thanks for this feedback here. At this time, as you know, it's not possible to import the PayPal transactions into an existing account, and we are not currently looking to update our PayPal integration. I'm sorry for any trouble this limitation causes you. In terms of bank imports, you are able to select which account it imports into when you initially add the account as an import connection.

• Options
    parksovereignparksovereign Member Posts: 1

I have a duplicate account too, but it isn't located in the Chart of Accounts therefore, I cannot archive it. Please help.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @parksovereign !

Sorry, do you mind clarifying your issue for me? This will give me a better understanding of your case will allow me to help you further.