Combine Invoices

KelAspKelAsp Member Posts: 7

Hi, is there a way to combine or add on to an invoice, without changing the original due date.
Example.
I have bill someone for storage monthly, their previous month is still unpaid, and it is time to bill again. I want to bill them for the current month, with that amount being due in 7days, but would like the existing amount to show as overdue.
I know I can do customer statements, but that seems a bit like double handling, I have to generate the new invoice, send it, and then generate a customer statement. I was hoping to do it in one email.
Cheers

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi @KelAsp - that's a good question. You could edit the original invoice that was sent out, but it would require resending is so that the customer was aware of the changes. I think in this case if you were to edit the original invoice, it may be best to leave the original due date of it, which will highlight that it is overdue. For the next monthly charge however, you could add a new line item to it, and add a description for when that payment is due (in 7 business days). This isn't necessarily a perfect workaround however, as you'd still need to manually track due dates. We are working on an invoicing update however, and I think it'd be an interesting option to be able to pull carry-over amounts from overdue invoices, or even to set specific due dates for specific items on one invoice.

• KelAspKelAsp Member Posts: 7

Thanks for getting back to me, yes it would be a great feature. I guess it is similar to the customer statement option but in invoice form that I am after.

• rcessacrcessac Member Posts: 1

Hi @Samd - I like your idea about carry-over amounts from overdue invoices. I have a very similar situation to @KelAsp and could use this to make things easier. Any news on the invoicing update and whether this feature request made it in? Thanks!

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @rcessac . No updates on this.

We're still not 100% sure if this has made the cut yet as we haven't fully mapped out everything that we'll be updating when it comes to invoicing, but we do have an updated customer statements feature coming out in the future which will allow your customer to pay each overdue invoice through the statement itself.

edited November 25, 2019