Options

Turn off Live Chat reminder bubble?

HandymanHeadleeHandymanHeadlee Member Posts: 45

Is there any way to turn off the Live Chat pop up reminder? I'm glad Live Chat is available, but I don't need a reminder every time I log in. I know where to find it if I need it :) Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @HandymanHeadlee - it should be turning off automatically after 3 logins, but can you let me know if it has persisted beyond that? Clearing cache and cookies or logging in on a different device may prompt it to bring up the prompt again, but we should be able to take a look for you if it keeps reappearing, and happy to accept feedback and if its becoming a nuisance.

• Options

Well...I know it's shown me the prompt more than three times, but just now when I signed on it didn't! So, problem solved, I guess! For what it's worth I log on with Google, and typically open a new window to log on. Tonight I didn't open a new window, so that could be the explanation? Either way, all is good now. Thank you!

• Options

To follow up, today when opening Wave in a new window as I usually do, the live chat reminder popped up again. I'm using Chrome, and the same Chrome user account, but something about opening the app in a new browser window seems to trigger the prompt. Not a huge deal, but a little annoying. And for my own sanity I have to open Wave in a separate window :)

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @HandymanHeadlee, thank you for getting back to us with an update and explanation of what seems to happening. Please let us know if the issue persists, I understand how that could be a bit annoying! So we can try and look into things for you.

• Options

Thanks @Zoe_caff. It's still happening :(

• Options

Aaand it's still happening. It's no longer even tax season here in the US. Any way to turn that chat bubble off? Thank you!

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @HandymanHeadlee . The chat bubble should stop appearing after you've closed it three times or after a few log ins (mixed in with closing the window a few times). This does get reset though if you've cleared your cache & cookies or you're accessing from a different browser.

• Options

Thanks @alexlewiszarkos. I'm not doing any of the things that should reset this, but it keeps appearing. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying! First world problems :)

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @HandymanHeadlee -- I actually sent you a support ticket email so we can look into this a bit further here .. just want to do a bit of testing from my side to see what exactly is happening here.

• Options

Hi @JamieD, thanks for your email, but this isn't a big enough problem for me to feel it's necessary to add you as a collaborator. If something was seriously broken I'd have no problem with that, but this is just a minor annoyance. Thanks again for reaching out, I do appreciate it!