Ongoing integration issues with Citi Bank

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageOngoing integration issues with Citi Bank

Beginning on November 21st, Wave's third-party bank data integration partner notified us of issues with the bank account integration (automated transaction import) functionality for Citi Bank. Our ...

Read the full story here

edited April 10, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• aaa_janeaaa_jane Member Posts: 3

Please give us an update? Also I find it odd than when I log into CitiBusiness Online I need to enter a business number, account number, user id, password, token number. Wave only asks for User ID & pw. How on earth would it know which account I am a user of?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @aaa_jane . We haven't had a fix for this yet, although as soon as we know one has been implemented the article will be updated with further info. In terms of logging into Citibank, when you search Citibank in the bank search, you'll see numerous Citibank sites that you can log into. Additionally, Wave will pull all accounts that are associated to your login info when signing in.

Until this is fixed, you can use our new Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect which will allow you to import bank statements into Wave to keep up with your transaction. Check it out through the article here.

• CJBACJBA Member Posts: 4

Wave has "upgraded" to a new banking authentication provider and now I cannot re-link my Citi business online account? Why does it keep prompting for the same information over and over again? I know my credentials are correct because I can log into Citibank itself and then downloaded a file of our transactions to import into Wave. This is not great -- when will the connection to CitiBusiness work again?

• tscotteltscottel Member Posts: 2

Guys, any update on this? I'm not going to change my bank, but I am very able to change my accounting software. Please don't tell me to use the "sheets integration," this needs to just WORK. It's 2020. Please address!!

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @tscottel & @CJBA! Thanks for reaching out. Our data provider is currently working to get the Citi Business connection up and running but we are still unable to provide a solid ETA for when it will be available.

Thanks for your reply, Emma, but I'm pretty frustrated that Wave switched us across to a bank integration partner that you know doesn't work with our bank. Citibusiness was the only bank integration we were/are using ... surely your team analyzed the bank integrations before moving accounts across to the new bank integration? The lack of proactive communication on this is pretty disappointing ... it's not like bank integrations are important, or anything like that!

edited February 12, 2020
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

I totally understand your frustration here, @CJBA . For full transparency, our data aggregator provides support to tens of thousands of banks and some banks definitely do go through periods of outages. It can be difficult to track each and every one of these at any given time as some are short-lived, and some take longer. I do apologize however that we weren't able to give you more insight into this ahead of the switch.

In the meantime, feel free to use Wave Connect to get your transactions into Wave.

Hi Alex: Thanks, I'll try Wave Connect. While I understand your data aggregator is dealing with tens of thousands of banks, we're talking about the business banking product from Citibank, one of the world's biggest financial institutions ... has there been any further update on timing? This manual downloading, uploading, and reconciliation is causing our team a lot of frustration.

• KatheKathe Member Posts: 1

Hi there, I'm able to get my personal account info with Citi, but unfortunately, my personal account is closed. I would like to get my business credit card info imported to Wave. Has this issue been resolved? How can I get Citi business credit card data to automatically import?
    Thanks so much!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Kathe! Thanks for reaching out here. Bank connections are usually investigated on a one-by-one basis if the institution isn't showing any major errors on our end. Can you please reach out to the support team in a ticket so that they can best help? Thanks!