Expenses not showing in reports

AmberHAmberH Member Posts: 3

Hello.
I've been using Wave since last May.
I have been putting in my monthly expenses and income every month.
I'm trying to run a year end report to get my taxes done, and it doesn't seem to be showing all of the expenses.
I only have 4 or 5 'expense' categories (very small simple business).
When I look at my income statement, it doesn't include many of the bills - whether I'm looking at a specific month, or year end.
When I go into bills, I can see them properly recorded there, and paid.
Please help!
:)
Amber

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

AmberH,
    When you view reports in Wave it always defaults to the current year. Is it possible that you need to change your view to 2018?
    Mike G, CPA
    www.mgfinancial.net

• AmberHAmberH Member Posts: 3

Thanks Mike.

I have confirmed using both last years dates, and specific months, and it never shows the specific, and significant bills I have entered.

Even if I leave it as 2019, it still isn't showing what it should, for those expenses this year.

Amber

AmberH,
    Maybe one of the Admin's can jump in. I use the transactions page when working with client data. I've not seen issues with amounts not showing up. If you are entering items as bills, could it be possible that it needs to be marked as paid? Not sure.
    Mike G, CPA
    www.mgfinancial.net

• AmberHAmberH Member Posts: 3

Thanks Mike.

The bills have been recorded as paid.
    It's odd.
    If I look at all bills, these are there. If I look at products and services, it shows there.
    But when I do an income statement, it summarizes 3 expense categories, but leaves this one out, and it's a significant amount of my actual expenses each year.

Amber

AmberH,
    I can offer free of charge to look at it if you want to add mike@mgfinancial.net.