How do I record payments from the transactions screen?

diana02diana02 Member Posts: 8

Hi,
Sorry if this has been asked before. I've searched "record payments" + "transactions screen" but can't find anything.

I'm in the transactions screen and want to record payments from there. I think I'm doing something wrong. I am clicking on the banking transcation, adding sales tax, adding the customer. Then I can't find out how to record a payment. The money is there so I should be a ble to do it.

As a workaround I'm going to the invoice and clicking "record payment" there. But I have to enter the date in manually, which is a pain because I keep forgetting and then it's the wrong date and doesn't link up with the payment in my transactions list. This is very manual compared to the way I used to do it with the old system so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

HELP!

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @diana02!

You should be able to do this by heading over to Accounting > Transactions, and recording an income transaction as you have been doing (or recategorizing bank imported transactions). Now, as long as the invoice is still open, you should be able to choose the following as the Category: 'Payment for an Invoice in Wave', followed by the exact invoice. This will link up the payment with the invoice, and will also sort the income into whatever category you had included in the invoice itself (usually sales or services). Let me know if this isn't showing properly however!

• diana02diana02 Member Posts: 8
    Many thanks.
  • antz29antz29 Member Posts: 2

This doesn't seem to work for me? The option doesn't seem to be available?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @antz29 I was able to reply to your thread that was created here --

https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/5112/payment-for-an-invoice-in-wave-not-showing-up

Feel free to reply there for any further questions/feedback for us.