Allocating payments to multiple invoices

Fiona_Pipkin1Fiona_Pipkin1 Member Posts: 1

Hello,
Could anyone please advise how to allocate one payment to multiple invoices. When i go to Accounting/Transactions it only lets me select one invoice to pay in the drop down column. Im new to wave and still trying to figure it out

Comments

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Fiona_Pipkin1, thanks for reaching out :smile:
    If you have one payment transaction that matches multiple invoices, you can split the transaction and categorize each split as a Payment received for an invoice in Wave this help centre article will explain that further,

Or you can account for this transaction as an Overpayment and This help centre article can guide you through that! I hope this helps :smile:

edited April 19, 2019
  • TolukingToluking Member Posts: 2

I have been fighting with this like forever.
    Splitting the payment is not linking it to any invoice.
    I need help

• Vinayak71_IndiaVinayak71_India Member Posts: 3
    Add income transactions. ( add single amount )
    Select 1st option - Payment Received for an Invoice in Wave.
    Split again and again these transactions how many you want
  • dljordanekudljordaneku Member Posts: 10

I have a situation like this but the customer paid for three months of service, the current month, and two overdue invoices on one invoice. So I have a credit card payment through Wave on one invoice for three invoices. If I try to edit that transaction, it won't let me since it says it came in through Wave.

Darrell

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @dljordaneku! Great question here. We've actually got a really solid Help Center article here that will let you work through that process, if you click the 'My client overpaid me, and I use Wave Payments' option! Hope that helps :)

• dljordanekudljordaneku Member Posts: 10

@ConnorM , I found that but it would be good if the system would just apply a balance to the account that we could just apply to other invoices.

Darrell