Options

Backing Up Critical Wave Information

kavalleriekavallerie Member Posts: 1

Hi
new to wave. Would like to know if there is a back up option to save info in case of a Wave glitch and info is lost......because we all know electronically this is a real probability.

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @kavallerie.

We keep a pretty good eye on our data, but you're right in saying that it's never a bad idea to keep a backup. We have a Global Export feature that allows you to extract just about every part of your Wave Account in CSV or Excel format. Here's how to use it.

• Options
    Just_LurkingJust_Lurking Member Posts: 31 ✭✭

@Alexia said:
    Hi @kavallerie.

We keep a pretty good eye on our data, but you're right in saying that it's never a bad idea to keep a backup. We have a Global Export feature that allows you to extract just about every part of your Wave Account in CSV or Excel format. Here's how to use it.

Hi @Alexia,

I mentioned this in another thread, but I believe an important shortcoming of the Global Export is in receipt notes (which are required in the event of a tax audit). Are there any planned enhancements which would fix this limitation?

Thank you.

• Options

Hi, @Just_Lurking.

It isn't currently on the roadmap to build features to export notes from Wave, but if you'd like to talk about it as a potential future feature in Wave, I recommend reading this post, and following the guidelines you'll find there to start a discussion under Wave Features. Our product team visits that section regularly, so it's the best way to have feature ideas gain visibility.

Can you expand a bit on the kind of information you would put in that field that might be important to your tax administration?

• Options
    Just_LurkingJust_Lurking Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
  • Options