Updating Invoice Template for Recurring Invoices

BillyBilly Member Posts: 28

Is there a way to update an invoice template and have it update when new recurring invoices are created in the future ? I have changed details in the Standard Memo field and am trying to find an easy way to all new invoices moving forward, without having to manually edit each and every recurring invoice that i have set up.

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Billy -- As of right now, changing any information on the Invoice Customization tab only edits future invoices (and ones that are on the recurring schedule as well). This could be something that we change/implement in the future, but we don't have any immediate plans in doing so as of just yet.

• BillyBilly Member Posts: 28

Hi Jamie,
    I have updated the template however it did NOT change an existing recurring invoice that was scheduled to be created several days after i changed the template.
    If there is a way to do this without having to edit each and every recurring invoice, please let me know .
    Thanks

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Billy . As recurring invoices are kind of like schedulers to send out future invoices, these future invoices are based off of the information that was originally inputted when creating the recurring invoice. With that being said, you will have to update the actual recurring invoice template and save it as this is what the information is generated off of.