New Invoice amount not updating on dashboard and reports

Vin_Roshan1Vin_Roshan1 Member Posts: 1

I've tried creating a new invoice, but it is not being updated anywhere in my dashboard or reports.

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Vin_Roshan1 . There's a few things worth mentioning here. After creating your invoice, please ensure that you have clicked "Approve draft", as without doing so in the invoice, it hasn't actually been created.

Once you have done this, if you go to Reports > Account Transactions and filter for your Accounts Receivables account, you should be able to see the amount of the invoice debited there, confirming that the invoice has been created.

• TeekTeek Member Posts: 23

Hi there @AlexL under my accounts receivables, i have on both sides "Credit and Debit" side invoices, even the invoices that have been paid are showing up in my accounts receivables debit side. What's the solution to this?

Hi @Teek . When an invoice is created, Wave automatically debits the Accounts Receivables as this is money owed. When the invoice is finally paid, Wave automatically credits it. This means that you should be seeing a debit on the day the invoice is created, and a credit the day that it is paid.

• TeekTeek Member Posts: 23

@AlexL that is my exact thinking, however, invoices that have been paid are still showing on the debit side, i've tried to re-enter the payment it still shows up on the debit side..

Hi @Teek . The amount that shows up on the debit side doesn't disappear from the report, but the payment will add a credit to the exact same report. Feel free to send a screenshot if you're still unsure and I'd be happy to take a further look!