Blank address fields are displayed as NONE on emails

mjreadmjread Member Posts: 3

Hi,
Just trying out Wave and have come across a very small issue which is just triggering my OCD ;) If any of the company address lines are left blank (such as Address Line 2 or City) then on the email that is sent when sending an invoice these omitted lines are displayed as NONE. It doesn't show on the invoice, just the body of the email itself.
I've tried adding a single blank space but it resets to a blank field. Anyone else experienced this and found a workaround?

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @mjread. It shouldn't automatically change the wording on the blank addresses to none.. if you could please send me a screenshot of what this looks like, I would be happy to further investigate this for you here.

• mjreadmjread Member Posts: 3

Hi,
    I've included screenshots of the emails received (have underlined where the mysterious "none" is) and also what is currently on the settings page.
    Invoice puts in a "none" if the city is left blank. Receipt puts in a "none" in for blank Address Line 2 and City.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@mjread this is actually something that our developers have ticketed up to look into; I don't have an ETA on an update, but I just wanted to let you know that people here are aware of this too! I've made sure to note your particular use-case for their review.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @mjread, thanks for getting back to us with those screenshots. What you have identified is a bug in our system that our Application Support Team is working on, well spotted! :wink:

The workaround to fix this at the moment will involve a few steps I have included below:

Go to: Sales & then Invoices in your account
    Click 'Create an Invoice'
    Click 'business address & contact details' at the top of the page
    Click 'edit business address & contact details'
    under 'country' change it to something other than Singapore (say New Zealand)
    click Save
    Click 'edit business address & contact details' once more & change the country back to the Singapore & Save
    This should 'reset' it so you no longer see 'None' under the city field.
    If you have any further questions please let me know. :smile:

• mjreadmjread Member Posts: 3

Hi @Zoe_caff
    Thanks for the suggested workaround, unfortunately it didn't work for me.
    I did a couple of tests and what I found is that if either Address line 2 or City is left blank, regardless of whether they are edited and saved as per your suggestion, then the mysterious none still makes an appearance.
    Final test I performed included making sure there were values for all fields and change country to something else. Saved. Edited again changing country back to original and removing values from Address line 2 and city. When sent the body of the email still contained "none" within the address.
    All that said, this is not a huge issue for me right now. I can work around it in the meantime by splitting the address to ensure that all fields have something in them. Just happy you are now aware and is on the to-do list to fix at some point.