What does Account Owner mean?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageWhat does Account Owner mean?

The owner of a Wave account is the person whose email was used to sign up for Wave. This does not necessarily have to be the owner of the business, though in most cases it will be.
The Wave account...

Read the full story here

edited April 29, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• QuetzalitoQuetzalito Member Posts: 6

Thank you

• ElisaIanElisaIan Member Posts: 1

Hi! How can I change the account owner? They are no longer with the company and I have taken over admin roles.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @ElisaIan! Great question here. We've actually got a really solid Help Center article here that will run you through how you can make that change! Hope that helps :)

• cwilliams2075cwilliams2075 Member Posts: 4

Hello. The owner of the Wave account continues to get reminders of past due invoices. He does not want reminders to go out to our customers. He is assuming that since he is receiving these emails, so are the customers. I reassured him that I turned all reminders off several months ago. He continues to get the emails. After researching, I am assuming that these are just reminders of invoices that are now past due and are only sent to his email. (owner) Am I correct in assuming that? If so, how can I stop future reminders from being sent to him?

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @cwilliams2075 , welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear there's been some trouble with reminders going out here. To confirm, he's receiving reminders for invoice payments, but in the account, invoice reminders have been turned off for all invoices in Settings > Invoice Customization? Or did you mean he is getting different types of reminders? If you click your business name in the top left corner > Manage your profile > Notifications, you should be able to turn off email notifications for the accounts there!

• cwilliams2075cwilliams2075 Member Posts: 4

Hello @CallieP He is getting reminders that invoices are past due. He thinks these are also going to the customer. I did what you instructed to. Turned off email notifications. Thank you so much, it is much appreciated.

• GavissenGavissen Member Posts: 1

Hello,
    I initially created a wave account for 1 of my entities using an 'info@'' mail address and gave admin access to my personal email address. I now wish to take the owner access on my personal mail address login and delete the ''info'' access as I do not have access to the mail anymore. this is necessary to be able to edit information of the company, etc..

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Gavissen! Have you taken a look into this article here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208624296-How-to-change-the-owner-email-address-of-your-Wave-account ?

That should sort you out! I'm thinking that you might need to remove your admin access for your personal email before taking the steps in that article.

• PowerAccountingPowerAccounting Member Posts: 1

Hi I run online accounting services for my clients. Say I have 5 clients. Once I set up a new Wave primary user account, and create 5 new businesses. I want each business owners to have access to only their own business within Wave, so that they can't see the other 4 businesses.
    1. Does it mean under the correct business, I just need to go to User Management, and grant the business owners Admin access or Editor access? Say this client has 3 business partners. Does it mean I can go to User Management, grant Admin/Editor access to 3 different emails?
    2. Does it mean even if the business owner have access to their own user account to the correct Wave business, such that they will not have access to the other 4 businesses?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @PowerAccounting

You're absolutely correct. You can add individual account admins to individual businesses and they will not be privy to seeing the other businesses' information. You can do this under Settings > User management as you've mentioned. You however, the primary account owner will be able to see all of the activity in all of the businesses you create.

• dawsondawson Member Posts: 1

i recently purchased the business and this wave account is associated to the company I purchased. How do I transfer ownership of this wave to me so I retain all the payroll records?

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @dawson ,

If you are looking to have the primary account owner of the account changed, this Help Centre article can walk you through that process! Please keep in mind that this change can only be done by the current account owner.