Options

Payment greenlighted - 5 days later and no payment received?

SmithFlxSmithFlx Member Posts: 1
Hi,

I live in Australia and am relatively new to wave. I love how i can generate my own invoices and send them off to my clients with ease.

I recently enabled credit card payments at the request of a few long term clients. Getting paid by these guys in a timely manner is important for my cashflow (and sanity).

The invoices have been sent, received by my client (confirmed via text), and payed (confirmed via an email from Les). The date of payment was 25/04/19. It was ANZAC day, followed by a regular workday then a 2 day weekend.

However, 5 days later and I am yet to see any funds in my account? Wave states payment is received within 2 days when accepting credit card payments.

I don’t want to jump to any conclusions, but I am concerned after reading about fraudulent activities that people have encountered when using card payments with wave.

Has anyone had a similar situation happen? Is the delay due to the public holiday and the weekend?

I’ll be contacting my bank tomorrow to follow up and see if they can track any incoming monies.

I would love to hear from the community about if they’ve encountered this before, and if I should panic or chill out 😅

Cheers,
Matt
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

@SmithFlx Hey Matt! Thanks for reaching out. I hope the weather is a bit nicer in Australia than it is in Toronto at the minute! :smile:

In regards to your concerns about your invoice payment, something I should stress is that Wave currently only handles in-house payment processing for our users in North America. We have partnered with Stripe for some of our other users around the world, such as yourself! What this means is that Stripe handles the processing and Wave takes care of the bookkeeping. Stripe determines the fess & processing timelines. I know you mentioned that this particular invoice was paid in and around a public holiday, I would guess that this definitely has a part to play in the processing timeline but to be certain and to get as much information about this payment, I recommend reaching out to Stripe directly at Suport.stripe.com.

You can access your Stripe dashboard directly from your Wave account via Sales > Credit Card Payments > Go to Stripe Dashboard. I hope this helps :smile: