Missing a lot of Invoice payments

JeffDJeffD Member Posts: 10

I'm in USA. When I go to Stripe to export my credit card transactions I can export the data with all transaction information. The information stopped years ago as I assume WAVE took it over. But in WAVE I see many many invoice payments via credit card but no way to export ALL the transaction, FEEs and standard transaction information as provided by all other credit card processors. I have not found this export/

Comments

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @JeffD , thanks for reaching out! :smile:

You can export all of your Payments by Wave transactions from your account transactions report on your reports page. You can also filter this report by Merchant fess, within a date range of your choice and export that data too! I hope this helps.

edited May 13, 2019
  • JeffDJeffD Member Posts: 10

I exported the file and nothing lines up. I have no idea what transaction goes with what INVOICE PAYMENT because INVOICE PAYMENT is not an option in the exported file. I don't have any idea how to match these up in WAVE. All out other accounting options, including when we used Stripe, have a spreadsheet that clearly shows what payment goes with what fee

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @JeffD - did you export via Settings > Data Export? I'd recommend instead heading to reports and running the Account Transactions Report that Zoe mentioned. You should be able to export a report for Payments which have come into Wave, as well as Merchant Expense Fees. The report data should include the relevant invoice numbers.

You could also export this data using our Google Sheets integration and generate a comparative report which should document the amount paid on an invoice, as well as the merchant fees account in one report: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-

I"ll take a look at the Google integration but I'm not locating an export that has all 2016 even though I can see the payments if I click on each one individually. For the entire year that's ridiculous.

Hello - So that I can work with the report mentioned_ "I'd recommend instead heading to reports and running the Account Transactions Report that Zoe mentioned. "_ I must be missing it but how do I export this report?

I am trying the Google docs and do not see the report that shows invoices and fees. I also can't seem to locate how to use it to get ALL the transactions into a spreadsheet?

The Google docs option are also incomplete. I can't see to locate a specific transaction report that has all the transactions including debits, shows the fees for credit card processing, the dates and the Categories that the transaction is placed in. This needs to be in a standard CSV or XLS format so I can sort and filter.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @JeffD. In the reports section under (Account Transactions) there is an option for you to export the data into a CSV (screenshot attached). From here, you can select specific accounts (or all) and choose specific date ranges to export from as well. If I'm understanding correctly, you are wanting to have exports of transactions that also include the processing fees associated with them as well as the knowledge of what invoice the processing fee is for -- this isn't something that's currently possible (exporting that particular data so that it's sortable in an excel). However, you can still export the data based on filtering the accounts and customizing it the way you wish.