Options

Trying to record a payment"Oops! There was an issue with recording your payment. Please try again."

CeciliaKeating12345CeciliaKeating12345 Member Posts: 1

This message is preventing me from marking any of my invoices as paid. It's driving me nuts! I may leave Wave as a result.

Oops! There was an issue with recording your payment. Please try again.

It says "a payment has been paid" and substracts the amount from the total, but keeps listed the invoices as "unpaid" in my Wave dashboard! So frustrating.

Note: I only use Wave for its invoicing software. I have not linked my bank.

Please help – it's driving me crazy.

Comments

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @CeciliaKeating12345 , I have just followed up with you via email on this so that we can try and get to the bottom of things. Get back to me whenever you get a chance! :smile:

• Options
    vitavita Member Posts: 1

Hey,
    I have same problem right now to record the payment. It mention "Oops! There was an issue with recording your payment. Please try again.". Please help, thank you

• Options
    SubanSuban Member Posts: 2
    same problem for last two days
  • Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @vita, @Suban, I am sorry that you're having trouble recording payments on your invoices. At a start we can try tweaking some things in your internet browser. Wave supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We'd also recommend that you try using Wave with browser extensions disabled. If you have Chrome, try opening up an incognito window, logging into your Wave account, and try again (or if you have Firefox, open a private browsing window).

If that doesn't work, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser HERE.

If you are still having issues, would you be able to send me back a screenshot of the error you're getting, can you please include your URL. Thanks!

• Options
    SaferCyclingCalgarySaferCyclingCalgary Member Posts: 8

I have been having this problem since May. I've gone through support and they have no solution, just wait until the new release comes in July. Well it's just about the last day of July and it's still not working.

As a work-around (because I need to send receipts and try to keep track of things), I have been adding the payments manually and then deleting the transaction. It's annoying as hell. Especially since this worked perfectly up until May.

Melissa

• Options
    SubanSuban Member Posts: 2

_"Sorry for the delay, the engineers were still investigating possible solutions. They are aware of what the problem is, but it's a more complex fix that originally expected, so there's no timeline for a solution. One temporary workaround would be to create a transaction on the ACCOUNTING > TRANSACTIONS page first, and then categorize it as an invoice payment, and select the invoice it applies to. I realize this isn't ideal, but as a temporary solution, it should work while we work on this issue. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask."
    _
    This is the response I received in mail.

• Options
    MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @Suban , thank you for sharing that email here. @SaferCyclingCalgary , if you create a transaction on the ACCOUNTING > TRANSACTIONS page first, and then categorize it as an invoice payment, and select the invoice it applies to, does it work?

• Options
    SaferCyclingCalgarySaferCyclingCalgary Member Posts: 8

@Myron My transactions come through mostly from Paypal, so I used to just apply the received payment to an invoice. Now it gives me an error "failed to create payment." I've had support look at this and they apparently escalated it to the developers and the only answer I got was "they can't figure it out; it should sort itself out with the update coming in July." But it used to work so I don't get why it doesn't now.
    Adding a transaction manually to the transaction page is no different than adding it manually to the specific invoice - actually it's more steps - so since I rarely create invoices before receiving a payment I just create an invoice and add the payment immediately. But then I have to go to transactions and delete the transaction record from Paypal. Annoying, tedious, frustrating and a big waste of my time for something that used to work perfectly.

I just went and checked and the support person said they were hoping to have everyone shifted to the new version to begin July. Either that didn't happen or it didn't solve this problem.

Melissa

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @SaferCyclingCalgary. We actually spoke about this in our support ticket. I've just sent you another email regarding the migration of your account. When you get a chance, can you please reply to me there so we can take a further look into this.