Clients unable to save credit card information for future transactions

sweetritualsweetritual Member Posts: 3

Got this message from a client last night:

"Whenever I pay one of your invoices I check the box that says "Save this credit card and allow Sweet Ritual to automatically charge it for future invoices " but it never retains my info. I just thought you would want to know."

In the past month, I've noticed an uptick in emails from wave notifying me that long time customers are adding a credit card every week. Is this a bug or something on my end? We've been using wave since 2016.

Comments

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @sweetritual, thanks for reaching out! Can you ensure that you have automatic payments turned on for each of these recurring invoices? You can check this by heading to Sales > Recurring invoices, select the invoice and scroll down to the Get Paid box. Your clients will have to authorize recurring payments first (which it sounds like they have already done) but the invoice will have to be set to automatic payments for their card to be charged automatically by Wave.

• sweetritualsweetritual Member Posts: 3

Hi Zoe,
    These are not recurring invoices. They are repeat clients, but the invoices differ from week to week. Does that help in answering my question?

Amelia

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

@sweetritual Hey Amelia! Thanks for getting back to me. Only recurring invoices with automatic payments turned on will automatically charge your customers card on invoices. What your customer can do is save their credit card details to your Wave account, which allows you to charge their card for them on each invoice. So when you are creating the invoice you can choose to send or not send them the invoice and then Record a Payment > Charge a Credit Card, this can be done directly from your Wave account, with your clients card details. I hope this helps :smile:

• sweetritualsweetritual Member Posts: 3

To clarify, my customers cannot save their own payment information for themselves?

All of my customers are Net 15/30, so I don't charge them right away when making the invoice. I would like for the customers to not have to enter in their credit card information each and every time they want to pay an invoice.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @sweetritual . You can charge your customer's Credit Cards, but you would have to acquire these details on your own and add them to their Customer Profile. From here, you can then go into the invoice and charge their card directly.