Options

Receipt download

daryldaryl Member Posts: 3
Is it possible to download just receipts under a certain category? ie. meals and entertainment in the last month?

Comments

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @daryl. Just thought I would confirm with you here -- are you referring to exporting receipts from your Wave account? If so, as of right now, there isn't a way to specifically choose which receipts you want to have exported from your business. This could be something that we implement in the future, but we don't have any immediate plans as of right now.

• Options
    SimonereevesSimonereeves Member Posts: 9

I would like to be able to download all receipts for a particular client such that I can send complete pdf for receipts to be reimbursed. Is this possible? Right now I attach a bunch - a scan of all tips receipts and a separate one for each electronic receipt I get (avoiding printing and cartridge waste to print out and include in the scan). Without being able to do this it is not making a lot of sense for me to take the time to put them in the app in the first place as mostly I recharge them but can't tag them to an invoice or output them in one file. Please help! Thanks

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Simonereeves . Wave doesn't currently support the ability to export receipts pertaining to specific clients or filters. The receipts export function that we do have (Settings > Data Export > Receipts) will export all of your receipt images that have been uploaded to the system. Because you can't attach a receipt to an invoice directly, you can always export the invoice and email it or choose to send it through one of the supported email clients in Wave. This way, you can attach the Receipt image to the email directly.

In general, the Receipts function was built primarily for bookkeeping purposes. Creating the bridge from receipts to invoices is something that we definitely get a lot of requests about so we're hoping that this is something that we can implement in the future.

• Options
    SimonereevesSimonereeves Member Posts: 9
    Thanks. Would be good. As I need to attach multiple receipts... not just one. And the value of scanning and categorising is not clear to me if I can’t assign them to a client or project. Thanks