Options

How do I tell if my email has been read/received?

Ariawoman01Ariawoman01 Member Posts: 2
I'm new, so I apologise if this should be a straight forward function, but, how can I tell if my email has been seen? Can I tell if my email has been seen? Many thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Ariawoman01 ! Thanks for reaching out. If you are referring to invoices that you have sent to your customer then yes, if your customer has viewed the invoice the status of it on your invoices page (Sales > Invoices) will be Viewed.

• Options
    Ariawoman01Ariawoman01 Member Posts: 2

Thanks for your msg Zoe. Is it a function I need to turn on? As, the status only reads Sent, even when the customer has read it (I know this due to the fact money has been deposited in my account! - which is not linked to Wave) Thanks again.

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ariawoman01 - it shouldn't be something you need to turn on on your end. Would you mind sending @Zoe_caff or I a DM with the email you use to login to Wave, as well as an email of a customer whose invoice is only showing as 'Sent' but has clearly viewed and paid? There are a couple of things that may cause this, one of which would be if the customer's email server/software blocks any sort of read receipts but we should be able to get to the bottom of this!

• Options
    Miss_Dori_TutoringMiss_Dori_Tutoring Member Posts: 10

Is there a way to set up "read receipts" for emails so you know if the email was delivered / read? Many clients pay by simply looking at the amount in the email without clicking the link to view the invoice. I have clients who say they didn't see an invoice email. I cc myself on all invoices sent, so I know it was sent, but I have no way to prove it was delivered to their inbox or that they viewed it since they didn't click on the "view invoice" link within the email. A delivered receipt or read receipt for emails would be amazing. Thanks.