Re-issue payment for Stripe refunded payment

PatabugenPatabugen Member Posts: 7

I have card details stored for this customer and took a manual payment - but I should have left it to do the payment automatically on the due date.

I've refunded the customer via Stripe - how do I now mark the invoice as not paid so it'll take the payment on the due date?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Patabugen.

Click on that invoice on your Invoice page, it'll be under the All invoices tab. Under Get Paid, you'll see the option to remove a payment.

• PatabugenPatabugen Member Posts: 7

Hey @Alexia,

There is no option to remove the payment, and if I go to Edit Payment the fields are disabled.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

@Patabugen try deleting the payment transaction from the Transactions page.

Otherwise, you should see Remove Payment as an option next to Edit Payment, like in this screenshot.

Ah super - deleting it from Transactions worked. Thanks!

The Remove Payment option is not visible for me for any Stripe payments.

This doesn't seem to be an option any more - it says:

Transactions that are automatically created in the Wave system can't be edited or deleted.

How can we refund and re-bill Stripe payments these days?

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@Patabugen you'd need to issue this refund directly by clicking Sales > Credit Card Payments, and selecting the relevant invoice to refund. This should add a negative amount to the invoice, which would let you re-send it and have your customer pay again.

I don't have any such options under Credit Card Payments:

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Patabugen. In this case, you will want to make sure that you create an expense transaction (in the transactions section itself) and from there, you should be able to categorize the expense transaction as a 'refund for invoice' and select the pertaining invoice associated with that particular refund. It will then mark the invoice as unpaid and you will need to follow the steps outlined in this help centre article here; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000031243-Dealing-with-bad-debt-How-to-write-off-an-invoice