New transaction bulk actions for speedier bookkeeping

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageNew transaction bulk actions for speedier bookkeeping

Our updated bulk operations allow for more transaction elements, so you can get everything sorted and get back to the stuff that really matters. Below, we’ll go through how to perform each type of ...

Read the full story here

edited May 21, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• elifelif Member Posts: 1
    It would be extremely helpful to be able to bulk add vendor and add customer to a number of transactions at once. In fact, it might save me hours.
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @elif. This is something that has been brought up before and I definitely appreciate the request to add this when bulk categorizing transactions (it makes total sense). When we are exploring different options in terms of improving the categorization features/transactions page, this is something that our development will be considering in a future roll-out/update.

• cbpark828cbpark828 Member Posts: 1

Can I bulk a series of transactions to an allocated account? I have 4 business accounts so every expenditure (category) needs to be allocated individually at the moment in order for me to reconcile outgoings

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@cbpark828 I'm afraid at the moment there isn't a way to bulk edit transactions so that they can be sorted to a specific account. This could be something that we look at exploring in the future, but we don't have any idea of when that will exactly be as our Accounting team's primary focus is on migrating our users over to the latest version of software.

• rkrauserkrause Member Posts: 1

@elif said:
    It would be extremely helpful to be able to bulk add vendor and add customer to a number of transactions at once. In fact, it might save me hours.

Agreed! Being able to specify the Vendor in bulk would allow me to complete the whole process for most transactions in bulk.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @rkrause! Thanks for your feedback on this feature idea! While we do not have anything in the works, it seems to be a popular idea that would save a lot of time. Hopefully we are able to look at implementing this in the future!

• TTTTTT Member Posts: 9

How can I bulk un-verify transactions? In the old version it was possible, but not now it seems?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @TTT! That's actually something I've never encountered before! I'm going to make sure that this is pointed out to my teams for future implementation to the platform. Thanks for pointing this out!

• jswhite222jswhite222 Member Posts: 1

Is there a limit on the number of transaction that can be bulk categorised? I tried 49 but it would not complete. All from the same account. It does work for four or five transactions.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @jswhite222

I think the issue may be the types of transactions that you're trying to bulk transfer. Is there an error that you're seeing pop up that says some transactions cannot be modified or any other indication of this function not working for you?

• LohaniLohani Member Posts: 5

hi,
    can you tell how i can use contra transaction bulk edit in this option. Llike i have lot of cash withdrawal in my bank statment which i had uploaded through CSV file. but in edit>catogoery section, i don't see option as "cash in hand" so i am not able to allocate all the withdrawal entry to cash account. any idea.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Lohani . If these are all withdrawals from your bank account, then they wouldn't be Cash on Hand account transactions as they're not being withdrawn from a "Cash on Hand" account. If I'm missing something, feel free to chime in and let me know what you're looking to accomplish with these transactions. I'd be happy to help!

edited January 7, 2020
  • WamzWamz Member Posts: 1

When I upload a statement all my transactions are uploaded as deposits. Is there a way to bulk edit to change the ones that are withdrawals to the correct state. I have tried several ways of uploading including uploading only withdrawals or only deposits but it always captures transactions as deposits

• Grams_2015_Grams_2015_ Member Posts: 6

Thank you very much. This will save a lot of my accounting time! DB

Hey there @Wamz

Unfortunately there is no way to bulk edit this type of info on your transactions. Your best bet would be to delete these, reformat your CSV upload and try uploading them again!

• benscuffsbenscuffs Member Posts: 1

hi, im not sure if ive missed it but is there a way to mark multiple items as paid, all in one go.
    ie, when i provide a repeat customer with a statement for multiple invoices they pay me in one lump, can i mark all invoices as paid?
    i like the new statement feature but could they stay visable somewher? as again unless im missing something they just dissapear once sent.
    many thanks, ben

• Richard321Richard321 Member Posts: 2

Can I bulk categorize transactions as a transfer to another account?

Hey there @benscuffs

Unfortunately at this time there is no such way to bulk categorize your invoices as paid. My apologies for that.

You can categorize bulk transactions by selecting the the checkboxes beside them, then selecting the edit button at the top and changing the account type here. @Richard321

• JBabsJBabs Member Posts: 1

I want to bulk delete invalid invoices

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@JBabs Are you able to explain what you mean by "invalid" invoices? While there is not a bulk option to complete this, an explanation of your use case may be helpful as a feature idea.

• LadyGeekLadyGeek Member Posts: 2

@Barsin when @Richard321 asked "Can I bulk categorize transactions as a transfer to another account?" he is not trying to assign them to other accounts but rather if one frequently transfers money between two accounts, these transactions are left uncategorized. When you choose edit a single transaction, you drop the list where it says choose a category and one of the option is "Transfer from Bank, Credit Card or Loan" If you choose multiple transactions and try to edit them, you can only assign them as Income, Expense, Asset, Equity or Liability. A transfer between bank accounts is not an option.

Hey there @LadyGeek

Thanks for clarifying this! You are correct when you say that our bulk actions are not able to transfer multiple transactions from a bank, credit, or loan account. This is because often times the transfer needs to link to another identical transaction for the opposite account.

Thank you again for your contribution to our community!

• AbiAbi Member Posts: 1

can you bulk transactions and change them from a deposit to a withdrawal?

Hi @Abi , you cannot currently use the bulk edit tool to change transactions from deposit to withdrawal and vice-versa.

• ScottShusterScottShuster Member Posts: 6

We love bulk categorization, but is there a way to stop the constant suggestions to 'review similar transactions' for certain suppliers? Our company has made hundreds of purchases at amazon.com that need to be categorized individually into a list of different accounts. It is a major time waster and great annoyance to have to close the 'review similar transactions' box hundreds of times. Also there is always the danger that a new or slightly sleepy employee (maybe even me!) will accidentally say 'yes' to an amazon bulk categorization, and mis-categorize hundreds of transactions, resulting in a lengthy and burdensome manual clean-up. It should be possible for us to say 'no' and stop the bulk categorization offer for certain B2B retailers whose products are used by us in different ways. Thanks in advance for your kind reply - !

Hey @ScottShuster , I'm afraid that at the moment there's no way to turn off the pop up. As our auto-categorization system is always trying to learn from your new categorizations, the pop-up can't be disabled. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause!

• CBaliCBali Member Posts: 2

Hi
    Can I bulk delete Bills?
    Thank you