Putting Categories to Sales Items

pambulabeachpambulabeach Member Posts: 2

Hi, I have been using wave for a few years. I would like to be able to see categories in transactions for items i have invoiced. I can see from a recent post from wave, how to attach a category for the items, but can not work out how i can do this for the past items. Thanks tim

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @pambulabeach . Currently, you can't attach products/services to transactions themselves. If this isn't what you're looking to do, and instead you're looking to associate your Products/Services to income accounts, follow the steps below.

When you add a product/service in your Products/Services page, you're asked which Income account you want it associated to (as Income is tracked on a product/service level). If you want to change this on previous items, go into your Products/Services page and change the income account on the item. Because this doesn't have a retroactive effect on items that have already been used, if you want to change the reporting around these items so that it shows with the newly associated income accounts, go into your invoices with these items and remove then re-add the products/services. This will re-associate the new income account to the item, thus having it display correctly in your reporting.

If I missed the mark on this, feel free to detail exactly what your workflow is and what you're looking to do so I can give you some further info.