Product editing

Cobos_MuddCobos_Mudd Member Posts: 2

Firstly, love Wave. Thank you Wave Team for all you do.

Wondering, if I edit a product or customer details will it automatically change previously sent and paid for invoices?

Eg. If a customer has moved and I need to change address.
Eg. We’ve changed the price on an existing product.

I don’t want to change the details if then all previously sent invoices then become incorrect.

Thanks for your help.

Side note. I have seen people make comments about an archiving feature for products/ customers. That would be great. Then I could just archive the product with old pricing and make a new one.

Comments

• Cobos_MuddCobos_Mudd Member Posts: 2

Also wondering if/when will it be possible to archive products and filter invoices based on item?

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Cobos_Mudd, thanks for the love!

Editing the price of a product won't effect already created/paid invoices. The only exception here is if for some reason you went in and edited these invoices and re-added the details - this will cause it to add the most recent version. Changes to customers will however update the information on all past invoices in Wave. If you are updating customer info, it may be worth saving a copy of the PDF of the invoice(s) with the previous details.

Also thank you for the +1 to the archiving feature! We don't have an ETA on this yet but it's something we're looking into. Being able to filter invoices by product or service would also be awesome as well. Would you like to see something like a report? Or just a filtering option on the Invoices page?