How to delete a bill

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to delete a bill

Have you added a bill to Wave that you no longer need to pay? Here's how to delete it.

To delete an existing bill: 

Click Purchases on the left side of your screen and select Bills.
Find the bill...

Read the full story here

edited June 1, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• wildmercurywildmercury Member Posts: 12
    What if you have already (incorrectly) marked a payment against that bill?
  • SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @wildmercury - the easiest thing would be to head over to Accounting > Transactions. Locate the expense that was categorized against the bill. You have a couple options now. If this was a real expense categorized to the wrong place, you can simply recategorize it. If no payment was made, you could delete this transaction entirely.

The same thing could be accomplished by heading over to Purchases > Bills, select the bill in question, and select to remove the payment.

• wildmercurywildmercury Member Posts: 12

@Samd Thanks very much.

• evievi Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    How can I delete all of my bills? Accidently I put everything under the bills, but I just realized that I need to put everything under the receipts. And of course every bills is marked a payments, and when I try to delete one by one its said that: error saving bill from undefined. What this means and how can I fixed this?

• Jessamy_KJessamy_K Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am trying to delete a couple of bills that I entered incorrectly but it keep coming up with an error message saying unable to save bill from... could you please advise why it won’t let me delete these bills?
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi @evi! In order to delete the bills, you will first need to remove the payment associated with each bill. You can do this by editing the bill and deleting the payment that is currently on it. Once the payment is deleted, you should then be able to delete the bill from the list of bills and using the dropdown option to the right of the bill on the list.

@Jessamy_K Are you able to post a screenshot of the issue that you are seeing? I can't say that I've seen this error code before, but I'm happy to work through this with you. Additionally, are you able to let us know which type of browser you are using? Typically, Chrome or Firefox are optimized to work with Wave best!

• Jessamy_KJessamy_K Member Posts: 2

@JordanD I am using Chrome. How do i post a screen shot? My snip doesn't seem to copy.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Jessamy_K! I see you currently are in contact with our Support team about this. They will continue to work with you and will let you know what detail they require in order to investigate. You are in good hands :)

• RuneticsRunetics Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    I too have a bill that I would like to delete. I have no payments assigned to the bill, however it continues to come up with the error "Error saving bill from AIRX Teamwear"

Please assist. I was using Google Chrome as my browser.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Runetics! I saw that you'd submitted a ticket about this today, so I'm going to follow up with you there!

• ASB74ASB74 Member Posts: 1

When I click on the drop down menu at the right of the bill, the only options I see are:
    - Duplicate
    - View
    - View Payroll

There is no "delete" option. This is showing up as an erroneous Accounts Payable liability on my 2019 balance sheet and I have to resolve this ASAP. Any help would be much appreciated.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @ASB74 . This is most likely because payment has already been applied. If you go into the bill and click the trash can icon next to the payment, it will mark the bill as unpaid and you can delete it.

• MarkusDraftHireMarkusDraftHire Member Posts: 3

We have erroneous Accounts Payable due to Bills that say "Success", but not Paid. I need help on finding a solution. I've attempted what has already been mentioned, and it appears I need a support ticket created.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @MarkusDraftHire

I'd definitely recommend filing a support ticket with our team by visiting the support page on Wave's main page. My apologies you're experiencing this, but let us know if they offer a fix that can be shared in the community!

• annieos_hhi124annieos_hhi124 Member Posts: 2

I have bills I have been carrying year over year and now I want to delete the bill. There have been no payments on it and simply shows as a/p each year. It has now been resolved with no payment required and I would like to clean up my Puchases/Bill section and remove the bill. I do not want to delete because it will affect my past end of year reports. How do i do this within WAVE?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @annieos_hhi124

I believe you will need to follow the "how to write off an invoice" however simply attribute the same principles to your bill instead. If this is not bad debt, you can call the account something else! Hope this helps :smiley:

• MYSHELLPOGUE29_MYSHELLPOGUE29_ Member Posts: 1
    How do I delete a contact in my customer list?

Thank you,
    Myshell
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @MYSHELLPOGUE29_ , to delete a contact in your customer list, you can select the drop down button next to their name and select 'Delete'. Keep in mind that you're not able to delete a customer that is associated to invoices.

The current workaround for this would be to add a different customer / placeholder to the invoice and then delete the previously associated customer.

edited March 30, 2021