How to setup send with Outlook

sdelvecchiosdelvecchio Member Posts: 4

While sending an invoice I noticed there is an option to send with Outlook, Gmail or Yahoo, but trying to send using Outlook just takes me to the login for Office 365. Even after logging into my Office 365 account I can't send using Outlook, what settings do I need to change for this to work?

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @sdelvecchio . After signing into Office 365 on your computer and clicking "Send with Outlook," where are you redirected / what does the system prompt you to do?

• sdelvecchiosdelvecchio Member Posts: 4

It opens another tab which is the Office 365 sign-in again. Even though I'm already signed in on the original tab.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @sdelvecchio, thanks for getting back to us. Can you let me know what browser you are using? Can you ensure you are using an up to date Chrome browser, it is most compatible with Wave. The outlook sign in should just pop up if you're already signed in to outlook, and then open a new message with the link to the invoice. Once you log in, and then go to send with outlook again, does a new message open? Thanks

I"m using Chrome version 75.0.3770.80 (64-bit). Here are my steps, login to Outlook and then go into Wave and click the Send Invoice button, click the Send with Outlook from the popup dialog and I'm brought back to a new login page even though I'm already signed into Outlook on another tab. See the attached "steps recorder" zip.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hi @sdelvecchio

I think the issue may be that you're logging in from a different kind of account. I believe you need to log in with a Microsoft account/live/hotmail rather than the Office 365 account. I've posted a link highlighting the differences between a Microsoft account verses an Office 365 account below. Have a look and try logging in with different credentials.
    https://www.brucebnews.com/2013/04/the-difference-between-a-microsoft-account-and-an-office-365-account/

I do know the difference between the 2 accounts, Wave is meant as a business application so I assumed it would work with Office 365 since that is Microsoft's business email service as is Google's GApps. Gmail and Live are consumer/personal email services and don't allow business branding.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@sdelvecchio thanks for the clarifications here. As you have discovered, Office365 is not a compatible service to send invoices through Wave. Curious if any other members of the Wave community use Office365 and would find a feature like this helpful? If so, feel free to upvote this post and I will check in on it periodically. With enough upvotes, I will be happy to pass along the suggestion to the Product Team.

• justinreaujustinreau Member Posts: 1

@JordanD said:
    @sdelvecchio thanks for the clarifications here. As you have discovered, Office365 is not a compatible service to send invoices through Wave. Curious if any other members of the Wave community use Office365 and would find a feature like this helpful? If so, feel free to upvote this post and I will check in on it periodically. With enough upvotes, I will be happy to pass along the suggestion to the Product Team.

Did this ever get addressed? I'm another user who needs to be able to send Wave invoices via O365 (business). The current inability to use O365 with integration is cumbersome. I have to send invoices to multiple email addresses for some of my customers. Also, I'd like the ability to have invoices be sent as part of an existing conversation thread in O365.

Super upvote for an O365 integration.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Hi @justinreau . Even though this hasn't been implemented yet, thanks for the real world scenario as this helps our product team prioritize future improvements.

• SPS_JohnSPS_John Member Posts: 10

@JordanD said:

I am a 365 user. I think the issue is that most users don't get the Windows 10 pro option to log in, so the default email address is based on the user log in. That being said, it is frustrating as there has to be a quicker way to either use Outlook in 365 or Outlook on the computer. For me, I still use the PC platform for Outlook with 365 as a back up for the field. I never use the personal Outlook for the obvious reasons, and even if I have the 365 page opened, it still opens a new tab that only goes to the outlook.com or live.com page, which both are just for personal accounts and others have their own personal domain address within their own 365 login.

But, I would like to know if people that are using W10 pro and a corporate login are still experiencing that it only goes to the generic Outlook.com page.

Aside from that, maybe instead, create an attach link option within Wave? I'm sure that would require storage space, or some background tasks. I think a 365 Pro could explain how to use Sharepoint or Onedrive to get the same results?

Anyway, it is an inconvenience that I'm sure others are working around albeit clumsily.

Thanks!
    John D Seattle

• SPS_JohnSPS_John Member Posts: 10

note: FOR EMAIL CONFIGURATION PURPOSES
    I have noted below the following differences between the addresses between personal and 365 web addresses:

Personal
    https://outlook.live.com/

Office 365
    https://www.office.com/

For the local app of Outlook use, many programs have a default function (such as Adobe Reader) that will create the email and attachment when selected. Perhaps this can be built into a third option for the invoice, statement and estimate send function?

Hey @SPS_John , I'll ensure that your thoughts get passed along to our Product team who handles this. Thanks!

• dtwconsultingdtwconsulting Member Posts: 9

I am another user who believes that Wave should seamlessly integrate with O365. I use the desktop app and would much rather it connects to that, or at least have the option to open the desktop app or the web app. I must say, I do find it baffling that a business software does not allow the emailing of invoices by a professional email client.

I am very new to Wave and so far I have been very impressed with the features and functions that it offers. Sure, it's missing some that I'd like, but I can live without them without them without too much of a hindrance.

I guess for the now the workaround is to save as PDF and then use O365 to send the email and attach the PDF. Not as seamless as I'd like, but it will work until hopefully this feature is implemented.