Welcome H&R Block!

tekfranztekfranz Member Posts: 23

Glad to hear about the H&R Block takeover of Wave. Looking forward to great strides forward!

I hope we see many great new features implemented and simplified US (and Canadian) Taxes :smile:

edited March 31, 2021 in Using Wave

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @tekfranz. Thanks for giving us the shoutout here, it's much appreciated! We're definitely hoping to get to our goals quicker with this acquisition while still remaining a free product for accounting/invoicing :smiley:

• AgwebsAgwebs Member Posts: 2

Mixed feelings about H&R Block takeover. Many times when a larger company takes over, we begin to lose all of the cool things that separate the smaller company (Wave) from all of the other similar programs out there.
    I tell my students and clients about Wave all of the time. I think it's awesome. I hope that the awesomeness continues even though H & R Block is the owner now.

• AmandaKAmandaK Member Posts: 73 admin

@Agwebs Thanks so much for spreading the word about Wave to your students and clients, and completely understand your concerns about our acquisition.

You're definitely right in saying that acquisitions by large companies often result in the smaller company losing their identity. In our case though, H&R Block has empowered our team to continue moving forward with our existing product roadmap so you will continue to see the cool and awesome Wave you know and love <3

• AgwebsAgwebs Member Posts: 2

Thanks amandak, that's good to hear.

• emakinemakin Member Posts: 6
    I am looking forward to see what capability HR Block will bring to Wave or if they will continue to let Wave to develop on their own. Either way, it is exciting.
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Thanks @emakin . We think so too! Looking forward to growing even more with their support.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @TeamADW . Given what Wave handles, data security has always been our top priority. We rely on business owners trusting Wave to keep their data safe and we will continue to do so. Even with the acquisition, H&R Block and Wave will operate as separate entities for the foreseeable future. Should a time come in which data is to be shared, we will ensure all relevant parties are aware.