Changes to Bank Connections in the UK & EU

13»

Comments

• cvc987cvc987 Member Posts: 1

I use a free Wave business account and am based in the UK.

I have both UK and USA bank accounts that previously were setup as bank connections.
    I have lost this now for not just for UK accounts but also the US ones (no BANKING sidebar feature).

Can you add back my bank connections for my USA bank accounts? They shouldn't be effected by your Sept 2019 changes should they?) Thanks.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @cvc987! Thanks for reaching out. I'm afraid what you are viewing is correct - the 'Banking' tab has been removed from UK/EU accounts in Wave. You'll have to use an upload method to get your transactional data for this account into Wave. We understand this decision has had a big impact on our users so if you have any further questions, we'd be happy to help.

• nadworksnadworks Member Posts: 31 ✭✭

@EmmaP said: We understand this decision has had a big impact on our users so if you have any further questions, we'd be happy to help.

But you're not, are you. Your Google sheet imports are US date format only. Also, the import date changes to the day before due to time difference. So rather than "helping" the people who are now heavily relying on manual imports, you're making it even more difficult for them.

I have opened a ticket about the import issues. If you want to "help", please communicate that the required fixes are vital to keep WAVE a world wide web platform, not a national American platform.

• Harrison2604Harrison2604 Member Posts: 0

I've looked everywhere. The tab for banking or to connect an account is non existent on my browser.

Has this function been removed?
    I'm loving everything about Wave so far but if this has been removed it's a huge bummer on things.

There is nothing on my menu that relates to connecting a bank account. Thanks

• David_autofile_MLDavid_autofile_ML Member Posts: 21

Really disappointed i would been happy to pay rather, I think the Wave customer in North America should take note on the type of behaviour shown by this once awesome company.

• yashznyashzn Member Posts: 3

Hello!

Please could someone help me understand how to continue using wave software since transaction importing is canned?

Do I do this once a month? At the start/end? Which is best to ensure no duplicate transactions?

Please could a human reply and not tag or forward.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @yashzn

I've merged your comment into the open banking thread. If you check out Katie's comment, it has a lot of good details available to you including the links to Uploading your transactions in CSV or using Wave Connect

• yashznyashzn Member Posts: 3

@BarsinA said:
    Hey @yashzn

I've merged your comment into the open banking thread. If you check out Katie's comment, it has a lot of good details available to you including the links to Uploading your transactions in CSV or using Wave Connect

Hi @BarsinA, where do I find the aforementioned thread with a comment from Katie?

• matthew09matthew09 Member Posts: 2

Just come to do my updates is i do not use wave every day and now you have removed bank integration we can not even upload statements ???

Why have you removed this function you have just killed the software for us ?

Be nice to think you do care about the smaller peeps that use your software and its not all about the subs

Once support for bank connections terminates, users can continue to input transactions into Wave and continue to use our accounting features. We offer a bank statement upload tool, as well as a Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect to allow users to upload transactions in bulk. Users can also enter individual transactions manually.

from you FQA btw but i cant see no upload function

Matthew

edited December 3, 2019
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @yashzn . Sorry that it wasn't super specific, but you can find Katie's comment earlier on in the thread, specifically on page 2.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @matthew09 . I merged your thread into this one for more context. The upload would take place through Wave Connect, feel free to click into the article for more context on how to do this.

This discussion has been closed.