How to make invoice not show up in transactions

WakeUpRentalsWakeUpRentals Member Posts: 2

Currently I take payment with a different company, They deposit the money into the bank account.. but I use wave for making invoices. When I record a payment with the invoice it wants to add the funds to the bank account. Is there any why to have it not do that?

Comments

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@WakeUpRentals Yes, good question! When you manually mark an invoice as paid, Wave automatically creates an income transaction on your Transactions page. Instead of manually marking the invoice as paid, I recommend waiting until the bank imported deposit transaction comes in and then categorizing it as a 'Payment for an Invoice in Wave'. If you mark your invoices paid this way, you won't have any duplicate deposit transactions in your Transactions page.

• WakeUpRentalsWakeUpRentals Member Posts: 2
    Yes that may work , except the cc company takes a small fee so it's not same value as invoice. And all sales will show up as 1 deposit, which I cant link to all the invoices needed. It wants you to pick one.
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @WakeUpRentals . You can click "Split this deposit" in the transaction itself to add numerous line items and different amounts to categorize to. Additionally, you can use the steps outlined in the article here to categorize some of these splits to merchant fees to account for transactional fees that your payment processors take.