Customer Paid difference between an invoice and a purchase

KrisMcCKrisMcC Member Posts: 3

Hi, I do a lot of invoices for customers but from time to time I purchase items from them also and so when they make payment we split the difference ie: customer a owes £100, however, I purchased an item at £10 so when their invoice is due for payment they made a payment of £90, my bank shows payment of £90 so is there a way for me to show that the payment of £90 is short of £10 due to the fact I owe them this amount ???

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I think this would be done on a transactional basis rather than the invoice level. As you cannot attach an expense to an invoice, your transactions however can be split to show an expense and an income.

You can see from these images that the $100 transaction was split, $90 went to my income account and $10 was an expense.

I believe the accounts you'd need to create are an asset account, and an income account for that particular transaction.

Check out this article on our support center to get a more detailed idea of what needs to be done.

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208623546-Simple-inventory-entry-tracking-in-Wave