Options

app for Wave

shaunt27shaunt27 Member Posts: 2

Been a service company and supplier of coffee machines, we would like to know if there is an app available that will work on a tablet (Android) so a technical person can quote a client on-site for a repair once they have stripped the coffee machine.. something that will connect to Wave accounting to select the part required for the repair .

Comments

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @shaunt27 and welcome to Wave's Community Forum! :)

Sounds like you have a two fold question here and I'm happy to address both for you as best as I can! In terms of mobile apps, we do have a mobile app for our invoicing and receipt features that you can use. In terms of tablet functionality, the browsers on tablets work similarly to a mobile browser, which compresses the website, and may cause issues with usability as Wave does have complex actions that aren't able to be compressed well. If you are able to download the invoicing or receipt apps, then you will be able to create the invoices on the tablet.

Secondly, in terms of your explanation of the parts of repair tracking, it sounds like the goal here is to track your inventory units that you would be using for repairs. While Wave can support simple inventory tracking in a cost of units, it does not yet have the ability to track inventory in units, which sounds like what you are looking for. In this case, you'd likely need to use another app in combination with Wave for inventory unit tracking.

• Options
    shaunt27shaunt27 Member Posts: 2

Hello Jordan, thanks for your response, i would like to know if wave is going to add a estimates/quotes app for andriod/ios. If so any ETA's Thanks Shaun

• Options
    MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @shaunt27 ! I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

The ability to create estimates on the Mobile App for Android/iOS is something that Wave's Mobile team is actively looking into as a new feature. I'm afraid that at the moment, I cannot provide an ETA as to when this feature can be expected.

Sorry for any inconvenience! If you have any further questions or concerns, we would love to hear from you!

Have a great day!

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @shaunt27, thanks for reaching out to us! We have no immediate plans to introduce an estimate app for the Apple or the Google Playstore. In truth, the focus of our Product Team at the moment is mostly geared towards updating out invoices feature & an overhaul on reconciliation, which is very exciting! :smile:
    I would be happy to pass your suggestion along to our Product Team! Would an estimate app be a big timesaver/game changer for you and your business?

• Options
    SalemSalem Member Posts: 1

Estimate app would be big for my business. It is one of a few shortcomings I'm discovering about waveapps, as my business grows. I am seriously considering moving my invoicing elsewhere.