Options

Incorrect dates on Invoices/Receipts

AttorneyatlawTiffanyAttorneyatlawTiffany Member Posts: 4

Good day,
I noticed that even though I input correct dates into my invoices and/or receipts for payments on those invoices, when I send out the invoice and receipt by mail, the dates are all wrong from what I have entered.
I go back to my invoice drafts and the data is correctly entered there.
Its becoming a nightmare for my records.
Please help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @AttorneyatlawTiffany .Just want to confirm this situation with you. When you say by mail, do you mean that you're manually mailing these emails or through email?
    Also, the dates are off by how much? A few days, a few years? Exact examples of this would be great (with possible screenshots).

• Options

Thank you so much for your response.
    Firstly, I mean e-mail. I "send invoice" or "send receipt" by email through the app's self contained features.
    I also copy myself on the email so that I can keep a record and see what my clients see.

The dates are usually off by a day or two.
    For eg, if the invoice is generated and dated the 10/07/19. I "manually record a payment" on the invoice and set the date I received payment. For eg payment received on "11/07/19" by cash.
    I then send the email out to the client with the receipt.

It is this document that contains errors. The one that is generated and sent out. On this receipt, the invoice would say payment received on a different date than what I entered. for eg, instead of "11/07/19" it says "10/07/19".

I can provide screenshots in a subsequent reply.

• Options
  • Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@AttorneyatlawTiffany Thank you so much for flagging this! This is actually a known bug which is a result of us doing a massive backend update, an update that will allows us to upgrade the invoice feature. I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on a fix but we are working on these bugs as we build the next phase of invoicing features. Thank you for your patience while we work out the kinks. <3

• Options

@ckeen_1244 Thank you for the feedback!
    I understand and I look forward to the upgrade.
    I love the app and I wish the full features were locally available in my jurisdiction [Trinidad] because they are extremely convenient and otherwise so easy to use.
    Take care