Options

Loading invoice estimate from Web to app?

BalcmegBalcmeg Member Posts: 2

Hi. This might be a function I missed but is there any way to access the invoice estimates I write on the Web interface and later open and edit the same estimate in the invoicing app for iPhone?

edited August 31, 2018 in Mobile Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hey there,

At the moment, the Invoice app is dedicated exclusively to creating and sending invoices. The app shares all invoicing info with the web version of Wave, but for the foreseeable future it will be necessary to create and edit estimates on the online version.

• Options
    Morris_SMorris_S Member Posts: 2
    What’s the story with this? It’s very key to be able to create, edit, and send Estimates on the go with the iPhone Wave App. I’m very surprised it is not a current feature. Defeats the whole purpose of using the Estimates feature on the Web. If you can’t even view an open estimate on the App, then what’s the point of the feature on the web? I can’t see estimates that I’ve sent out so I don’t even know what’s open to follow up on with a potential customer. I can lose a big job..
  • Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Morris_S, thank you for your feedback here, and I do apologize that the mobile app does not currently have the ability to mange those Estimates at present. This is not something that is currently on the mobile team's roadmap, but it may be something that we seek to develop in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience here.

• Options
    Morris_SMorris_S Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your response. I would like to inform you that as a user, it is imperative to have that feature. Whether it is on the roadmap or not, it should be. It’s not so difficult Connor.
  • Options
    brtombrtom Member Posts: 2
    I would find mobile app estimates to be VERY useful.
    edited June 17, 2020
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @brtom

Our estimates has yet to see any major imperative updates in some time. I know that our team has been working diligently on the back end of the invoicing software to be able to roll out future changes to invoicing. We're hoping to see some updates to our estimates section once our team has moved all users to our latest version of invoicing in the backend.

• Options
    highlandguy404highlandguy404 Member Posts: 1

Having Estimate available on the App with the "convert to invoice" functionality is extremely important as customers expect the invoice on the spot so that they can pay it, often before you leave the site.

• Options
    SpoonhandleSpoonhandle Member Posts: 13

@highlandguy404 said:
    Having Estimate available on the App with the "convert to invoice" functionality is extremely important as customers expect the invoice on the spot so that they can pay it, often before you leave the site.

Agreed. I was surprised to not see Estimates included in the app.

• Options
    MisfitoMisfito Member Posts: 1
    Please add this feature asap. I need to see my estimates on the go. Thanks!