How to handle employee offboarding

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to handle employee offboarding

As your business grows and changes, employees may resign, be dismissed, or take an extended leave. At Wave, we've made it easy to correctly off-board your employees!
In this FAQ, you will learn how...

Read the full story here

edited July 14, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• LawrenceLawrence Member Posts: 3

Not being able to run a one-off payroll due to an error of some sort is extremely frustrating. There needs to be a solution developed for this. If we need to call you to process it, please state so in the FAQ. Mistakes happen. If terminated employees who must be paid ahead of the regular pay date can be paid, why not other scenarios?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Lawrence . Happy to take your feedback to the team, especially about stating the need to contact us if a one-off needs to be processed. Thanks for this!

• CarolSCarolS Member Posts: 1
    If I am seasonally laying off my employee, I am choosing a leave as opposed to off boarding, correct?
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @CarolS, that would be correct, yep!

• CynthiaaaCynthiaaa Member Posts: 3

How do I change the date of return if things change?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Cynthiaaa! Thanks for reaching out here, I can see that you'd had a chat with our support team earlier this week, and I'm glad to see that we could get you some answers! :)

• SSI_CafeSSI_Cafe Member Posts: 1

What if we don't know when an employee will be returning? Are we able to change the date of return? The current economic situation is going to change constantly over the next year.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @SSI_Cafe

First off, our sincere apologies that your business and employees have been affected by this global issue. We understand and are here to help out with any issues you may have with your payroll account. Don't forget as a payroll user you have access to our chat function to speak to a live agent whenever you need fast help.

You can reinstate the date once you decide to onboard your employee again. When offboarding it asks you the date in which their last day of work is. Once business is up and running and you want to reinstate your employee you can do that under the employment status section of your employee.