Options

Google Sheets Connection for Recurring Transactions

tekfranztekfranz Member Posts: 23

The Google Sheets looks really promising for uploading a list of recurring transactions to Wave. One thing that is more attractive than just uploading a CSV is that the Google Sheets Add-On allows importing Future Dated transactions. Has anyone tried it?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @tekfranz . Just tried it in my account and it looks like it works swimmingly B) . Thanks for putting this on other users' radars.

• Options

Yep I just tried the Google Sheets Transaction upload for August's recurring transactions and it worked flawlessly as well!

• Options
    xeniumxenium Member Posts: 21
    I'm new to Wave, looking to migrate from a google sheets / hodge podge system. Wave Connect looks promising, going to give it a try, found this intro may be useful:

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-
  • Options
    MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @xenium, it's nice to see you here! Wave Connect is indeed a great resource to import and export data in your Wave account. You have linked a great guide to get started with Wave Connect. If you require any assistance with it, we'd be more than happy to help! :)

• Options
    Hi Myron,
    Thank you. I've been looking at some options to bulk import transactions and got stuck on these:

1 . Wave connect does not appear to feature import of category (for bank statement upload). I need this to migrate.

2. Wave connect journal import only imports one journal date at a time. I need to bulk import a year.

3. Wave API mutate handle does not appear to offer transaction import. If it does then I can use the API instead of 1 & 2 above.

If I'm missing something please let me know as I'm keen to get data migrated asap. Or if there are other methods please advise.

Thanks again

[edit: feature request posted here https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/1853/what-are-the-integrations-with-wave-that-are-top-on-your-wish-list-%F0%9F%A4%94]
    edited August 8, 2019
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @xenium . You're actually correct with all of these statements.
    First, Wave Connect does not let you import the category. This is definitely something that the team is aware of as we've had users point it out a couple of time, but I'll make sure to let them know that it's being pointed out again.
    Next, Wave Connect does only import one journal at a time. I believe this is because a journal can be so complex that we only allow for one to be imported at a time. Additionally I would say that the thought is there are also only so many Journals that a user typically has, although you've shown that this isn't always the case.
    Lastly, our APIs are currently a tad limited but we'll be working in the future to expand them. This was a project that was briefly put on hold, but we're hoping that in the future we can really grow it to offer more options.

• Options

Thanks for your reply, that's useful to know.

An example of item 2 for multiple dates I believe is the Airbnb transaction file, available to Airbnb hosts (all 650,000 of them!) as a downloadable csv file.

This file is the (M:M) link between Airbnb bookings (sales) and bank payments. More details on this case can be seen work in progress here: https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/5577/airbnb-host-use-case

• Options
    pedrojuliohpedrojulioh Member Posts: 3

How Can i download data from my purchase transactions, like: Vendors Information, Invoice Number, Taxex paid on the purchases, total amount of invoices, etc...?

• Options

@pedrojulioh said:
    How Can i download data from my purchase transactions, like: Vendors Information, Invoice Number, Taxex paid on the purchases, total amount of invoices, etc...?

Hello @pedrojulioh,
    You would want to export a backup Excel or CSV file. it should have everything you need.
    https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017973892-How-to-export-your-accounting-data