Frequently asked questions about Wave Payroll

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin
imageFrequently asked questions about Wave Payroll

Payroll might feel overwhelming at first, but it doesn’t have to be. This FAQ reviews the top questions our team gets about running payroll, so you can make your process as seamless as possible.
St...

Read the full story here

edited November 9, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• MichelleGilliamMichelleGilliam Member Posts: 1

Can Wave handle multi-state jurisdiction with payroll? Most specific employees that split time between Oregon and Washington in the same pay period?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @MichelleGilliam. Technically speaking, we would potentially do this if your employees were both in Tax Service states that we provide payments/filings for (see here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005333163-Tax-services-with-Wave), but if you have an employee who has their address listed in OR, you would need to handle these payments yourself. In terms of having multiple locations for your employees, this isn't something that's currently offered in Wave at the moment I'm afraid.

• Ian_JIan_J Member Posts: 1

Hi Folks, Is anyone using Wave to track personal finances? We, my wife and I, have solo proprietorship are we are both working for a salary else where. We are happy to have two sets of books (business and personal), but we would like to use only one software. Wave would be great if we can figure out how to use it for persona budgets and salary income.

Thoughts or suggestions? :)

Thanks,
    Ian

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ian_J , when ou create a business account in Wave it comes with a Personal account attached (which you can navigate to by clicking your business name in the top left corner and accessing 'Personal' from the drop down). To be fully transparent, we don't handle personal budgets but you should be able to track all of your personal accounting.