Options

You don't have permission to view this page.

chriswaygchriswayg Member Posts: 17

Every day, when I try to re-login (after it automatically logged out) I get this error message:

You don't have permission to view this page.

On this url: https://my.waveapps.com/login/

How can I prevent this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hmmm @chriswayg. I feel as though some browser troubleshooting might be beneficial in your particular situation (so clearing your cached data/cookies and making sure you are using the latest version of Chrome/Firefox to login). If you are still noticing issues after this, please let me know and I would be happy to look into this a bit further for you!

• Options

Hmm, it still happens frequently. Why should I have to clear cookies or jump through hoops, when you could fix it on your end? Other web apps do not usually have this problem.

This was on Brave today: Version 0.68.132 Chromium: 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build)

Previous report was on Firefox (whichever version was current in July) and just tried it on Firefox today and got: "The page you tried to visit doesn't exist."

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

HI @chriswayg . Brave is not one of our supported browsers as Wave does work best on Chrome and Firefox. I see you still do run into this error on Firefox, and we do sometimes see issues when users try to access Wave through favourites / links that aren't waveapps.com . I'd suggest accessing directly through waveapps.com moving forward if you find that the system has signed you out.

• Options

Brave = Chrome. If it happens on Brave it will happen on Chrome. I refuse to be Google's product, so I use Brave or Chromium.

The issue is not trying to access Wave from a link, but just from a tab which still has Wave loaded. The Wave session may have expired overnight, so I re-login and often get these errors. Thus I'm "accessing directly through waveapps.com"

Are you implying, that Wave still loaded in a tab or called from a bookmark is expected to throw up these errors, unless you open a new tab typing "waveapps.com" into the browser? Other webapps like Gmail, Quickbooks or Zoho do not have these problems in keeping track of sessions.

• Options

This bug just now happened again. Here are the details for you to reproduce:

1. Opened Firefox (version 69.0.1) which was previously used with Wave, but did not have a Wave session active for at least 24 hours
    2. Opened https://my.waveapps.com/login/ in a new tab and tried to login.
    3. Got a 404 Error, being redirected to this link: https://accounting.waveapps.com/dashboard/business/40078/

I did not actually call the link in point 3. Its not in my bookmarks. I started from the login page.

You guys still do not seem to acknowledge this as a bug, based on the responses I got from you. :/

Also how about adding an option to stay logged-in? On a Mac or PC which is secured with an account password, it does not make sense to always time-out and terminate sessions.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @chriswayg

I would reach out to our support team by submitting a ticket to https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. They have a lot more insight into your account and can easily access data we may not have eyes on in the community.

When you do this, I would include a few things:

1. Mention this thread. Link them to it if you like.
    2. Mention that you've tried on multiple browsers including Firefox.
    3. Mention that you've already gone through trouble shooting steps.
    4. Also if you could include a screenshot of the dev tools from the page you're on while completing the action.

What are Developer Tools?
    Sometimes we may need more information to troubleshoot issues in user accounts. Support may request a screenshot with developer tools open in order to get a better look at backend problems and have you back up and running as soon as possible!

How to Open Developer Tools
    Google Chrome
    Select the Chrome Menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools > Developer Tools and click on the Console tab.

Firefox
    From the menu: select "Browser Console" from the Web Developer submenu in the Firefox Menu (or Tools menu if you display the menu bar or are on OS X)
    From the keyboard: press Ctrl+Shift+J (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+J (Mac).

I would try this in Firefox since you're not on Chrome.

Once you've opened the console tab, can you try scrolling through Wave apps and getting to the error on the left side of the page. You'll see an error populate in the developer tools when you create that action. This will give our team some more diagnostic information! Send this screenshot in your response as well. Hope we can get this sorted out.

• Options

@BarsinA I think I will just use a workaround for the meantime, I'm sure eventually you'll figure it out. If you're dogfooding your own software, you should have been noticing this a long time ago.

Currently reloading the "You have been signed out" page before trying to sign in (https://my.waveapps.com/login/?reason=token_expiry) usually works and prevents the errors most of the time on Firefox and Brave (Chromium).

edited September 28, 2019
  • Options
    MessmerizaMessmeriza Member Posts: 4

A bump on this thread. This has been a known issue for me for at least 1-2 years. I cannot use Chrome, Firefox or Brave browsers with Wave. The only browser I can use is Edge or IE. I am sure it has something to do with the other browsers having better security control on JaveScript, pop-ups etc but I am stumped. I have tried to relax all security rules on other browsers for the Wave site but still cannot login. This is unique to the Wave site and how you have designed it, I don't have the same login issues with other high security sites such as banking etc