Is my information secure?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageIs my information secure?

As we've moved further into the digital age, you've probably become more and more comfortable sharing things over the internet. But of course, you need to be especially cautious when any type of ba...

Read the full story here

edited July 26, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• Capture_ContentCapture_Content Member Posts: 3

The team at Capture Content love this software. Many thanks for your contribution to supporting small business

edited July 26, 2019
  • ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Capture_Content, thanks for reaching out! Thank you so much for the great feedback! So glad to hear that things are going well for you guys with Wave :smile:

• AgnessAgness Member Posts: 1
    This is really helpful tool thank you.
  • aientechaientech Member Posts: 1

Hi there, thanks for the great product!
    The information here are all about the banking services, but we also have other documents like receipts and stuff. My question is, how secure are they? can they be read by other people? Let's say for instance, the waveapp people?
    Thank you very much

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @aientech . Certain members in the organization (the support team for example) would have access to your receipts information, but to actually access it we would need to specifically look up your info. In general, we don't access anyone's info unless there's a reason to, like troubleshooting for the user themselves.

• DairgnDairgn Member Posts: 1
    My concern is what if the person that I am paying by entering in my bank account information gets upset with me and decides that I owe her more money. Can this person get more money from my account because she has my login information?
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Dairgn , when you enter in your bank account information to pay the business owner, they don't have access to this information. The only way that this is the case is if you're paying by credit card and have manually chosen to allow them to save your details. When it comes to Bank Payments though it's not possible for them to charge you for more after you've paid the one time.

• GashtasbGashtasb Member Posts: 1

Hello. I was wondering how much of my data is accessible to Wave? If don’t employ any Plus services from Wave would they still have access to my private accounting data? Is there a way to ensure my data could not be accessed or seen by anyone including Wave, perhaps some kind of on-server encryption solution?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Gashtasb! Great question. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us here at Wave, and we would absolutely not be able to access your accounting data without your explicit permission, if need arose (such as you seeing a discrepancy in your reports, or have a bug you need help with). So long as you are the only person with access to your login information, and you do not reach out to Wave with a need for collaborative help, you would be the only one with access to your data.

• JohnB42JohnB42 Member Posts: 1

Why do you ask for my user name and password to my bank account to make a credit card deposit?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @JohnB42! Great question. If you don't feel comfortable entering in that information in order to seamlessly foster that connection to your bank account, you could actually do this manually! Instead of typing in your bank's name to the search bar for payouts, you can enter in a series of periods, or another symbol, which will let the system prompt you to enter your account and routing numbers manually. Hope that helps!