Options

Wrong merchant name on customer's credit card transaction/statement

k2ok2o Member Posts: 1

When my customer pays an invoice issued by Wave they are able to successfully make that payment using their credit card. I then receive that payment minus the fee. Great.

But then my client asked me why on their credit card statement shows not my company name or service sold etc. BUT IT SHOWS ANOTHER ONE OF MY CLIENTS WEBSITE DOMAIN NAMES!

I confirmed with them the date and amount of the transaction all matches up with Wave. So this charge is being listed correctly except for the source of the charge it shows a local competitor they now know I am working with.

This is embarrassing and I hope it's my fault somehow. But I have looked on every screen of Wave to try to find where this setting could come from. It doesn't seem possible to change the merchant name for credit card transactions for my business. I have ensured that not anywhere on the sent invoice, product or customer setting in Wave that it would contain any of my other client's information.

I can't go ask all of my other clients to find out if this was a one time deal or if the problem is more wide spread.

Does anyone have any idea where you can change or set the merchant name that shows up on customer's credit card statements?

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @k2o.

I took a look into your account and what shows up on your clients' statements should starts with matches the name of your business. This is something you would have chosen when initially setting up Payments by Wave.

Is it possible that your client was looking at the wrong transaction?

edited March 6, 2018
  • Options
    loop3loop3 Member Posts: 1
    Same thing and i havent set up payments yet!

I trade equities and the first (and thankfully test) payment ran as "wave drunken nutz".

Is this a sick joke for a placeholder until my payments are set up?

Its not funny 😐